Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya never know...

SPRINGFIELD - Two more suspects were ordered held without right to bail yesterday after pleading innocent in a double homicide case.

A third man was ordered held after a court hearing Monday.

Police, responding to an emergency call at 121 Suffolk St. early Monday morning, found Adrian E. White, 23, of 837 State St. dead inside the house and Tyrone H. Lewis Jr., 22, of Catharine Street with a gunshot wound to the head. Lewis died yesterday at Baystate Medical Center.

Assistant District Attorney Donna S. Donato said an armed assault with intent to murder charge against three defendants for the attack on Lewis will be changed to murder.

Maurice Felder, 19, of 6 Monmouth St. pleaded innocent Monday in Springfield District Court to the murder of White and to the armed assault with intent to murder on Lewis. He also pleaded innocent to three counts of armed robbery, one each for White, Lewis and a third, unnamed victim.

A police report indicated that robbery could have been a motive for the killings. On Monday, authorities said they were seeking two more suspects in the case.

Yesterday Eric Washington, 20, of 63 Seymour Ave. and Aaron Lester, 19, of 25 Amherst St. pleaded innocent to the murder of White and to the armed assault with intent to murder on Lewis. They were also charged with home invasion, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, three counts of armed robbery and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.

David Hodge is representing Washington. Nathaniel Green represented Lester for the arraignment. A pretrial conference will be held March 8 for all defendants.

Police said a routine traffic stop on Interstate 91 in West Springfield Monday afternoon by an off-duty trooper resulted in the arrest of Lester and Washington.

They were stopped about 3:15 p.m. by Trooper Sean Maher for driving a vehicle that had a loud exhaust and no front license plate.

Maher, whose shift ended at 3 p.m., was heading home when he saw the car and decided to stop it.

When Maher checked the records of the occupants, he learned each had a homicide warrant issued that morning by Springfield police.

The deaths of White and Lewis are the second and third homicides in the city this year and the latest chapter in the city's problems with violence among young people.

Eleven of the city's 17 homicides in 2004 involved victims younger than 25 years old.

In the 11 homicides in which police have made arrests, 13 of those charged with murder were 24 years old or younger, including a 12-year-old charged with killing 3-year-old Jeremy Milan in December. The 12-year-old is one of the youngest people ever charged with homicide in the city.

The first killing of the year was that of Robert F. Smith, 39, of Springfield, who was gunned down Jan. 12 at Dwight and Taylor streets. No arrests have been made.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Apparently Trooper Maher, who is from the "last class", was working a "guest" patrol in the "Land of Wonderful" when he made the pinch! Good job, trooper, but expect no "Kudos" from the job...'cause your not "back east". Period. No "Bull Dog" for you...that's for the back east highway patrol...

But those of us in Troop B appreciate your hard work, dedication and attention to detail that resulted in this arrest. We don't need no stinkin' awards...

I was at the ME's office (in regards to another matter) when they were cutting the first "victim". The SPD guys were lauding the young trooper, saying: "hey, I'll bet the warrants weren't in the machine for an hour when the trooper grabbed those kids..."

The decedent had the same stupid look on his "phiz" in death as he did in life!

Another "tough-guy-mouth-breather" dead. They were cutting the other kid the next day...

·
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dcs2244";p="56466 said:
No "Bull Dog" for you...that's for the back east highway patrol...
Actually, a SP Russell guy got the Bulldog a few years ago, if you remember he was checking his area and discovered a car parked near a pond. Upon further investigation he determined that the two young girls in the vehicle had been raped by the 2 male creatures inside. One of them was a registered sex offender. 2 under arrest for Rape.

I think a Bulldog would be appropriate for Tpr Maher.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Divisiveness is a cancer currently eating away at our department, I did not realize it extended to geographics as well. Rest assured "kudos" are few and far between in the East as elsewhere, but then again all the outstanding troopers to whom I extend my admiration do the work for its own sake and not for secondary recognition. Add Maher to the list. What's up with the off duty qualifier? I don't recall that phrase ever being used to describe personnel commuting to and from shifts or details before.

·
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPD3";p="56478 said:
Divisiveness is a cancer currently eating away at our department, I did not realize it extended to geographics as well. Rest assured "kudos" are few and far between in the East as elsewhere, but then again all the outstanding troopers to whom I extend my admiration do the work for its own sake and not for secondary recognition. Add Maher to the list. What's up with the off duty qualifier? I don't recall that phrase ever being used to describe personnel commuting to and from shifts or details before.
My guess is the Paper was told his shift ended at 1500 and the paper added that little tidbit themselves, I doubt it's anything the SP personnel gave as a direct quote.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,778 Posts
Guess it goes to show you...................................

Whatever Agency you work for, we don't make "BS" traffic stops for nothing. You just never know what you'll find or who has paper out on em!
Great job!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
SPD3";p="56478 said:
Rest assured "kudos" are few and far between in the East as elsewhere, quote]

Agreed. The days of "That a Boy" and the Medal of Valor are gone. They are reserved for firefighters...Americas true 911 heroes. :shock:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,778 Posts
Hey Mikey!!!!

Where did you get this picture of Salem State Colleges' Detective Division?

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Scott you are way off, that is the Dean College Narcotics Squad..I'm the one on the far left...I was forced to resign because I was carrying a firearm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.