Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pitcher throws temper tantrum. I hope he never sees the big league after this display.

http://www.break.com/index/huge-minor-league-brawl.html

DAYTON - A judge on Friday set a $50,000 cash bond for Peoria Chiefs pitcher Julio Castillo on a felonious assault charge stemming from his beaning of a fan Thursday during a brawl between his team and the Dayton Dragons at Fifth Third Field.
Castillo appeared via video Friday afternoon, July 25, before Dayton Municipal Judge Carl S. Henderson. Castillo's attorney, Kevin Braig, told the judge Castillo has no prior offenses and the team takes the second-degree felony charge very seriously.
Henderson ordered Castillo, who lives in the Dominican Republic, to surrender his passport, and set a hearing for Aug. 1.
Castillo, 20, is in the Montgomery County Jail. He faces up to eight years in prison if convicted of the assault charge.
Dayton police arrested him after he attempted to throw a baseball at Dragons player in their dugout. The throw was high and struck 44-year-old Chris McCarthy of Middletown in the forehead, according to police. McCarthy was sitting a few rows behind the dugout.
Fans Timothy J. Mays and Dick Osborne told police the blow knocked McCarthy senseless and left him incoherent, according to the report. McCarthy was treated at Miami Valley Hospital and released. He declined interviews.
Gary Lebo, athletic director at Middletown High School, called McCarthy "a great guy, a great neighbor."
According to the Peoria Chiefs Web site, Castillo was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in 2004 and has played for the Chiefs since the beginning of the season.
Friday night's game was played without incident.
"We've had enough good times here that one thing can't ruin," said Emma Raren, 44, of West Carrollton, who brought her two sons to the game. "This is still about the best thing in town to do with your kids."

G

·
Wonderful....add minor league baseball games as another place I can't take my kids because of a-hole athletes who can't control themselves.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That actually was pretty entertaining with that back kick to the catcher. It was so bazaar it almost looked staged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts