Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently involved in the hiring process for the Middlesex county Sheriff. I have already passed the entrance exam and passed the Physical agility test also. The next step on the list is the background check. I was wondering if anyone who recently took the exam has heard anything back. I heard that the background check usually takes awhile but I was wondering if anyone has been called in for the initial oral board interviews yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I just got my packet to complete my background investigation today. So at least I know I didnt get lost in the crowd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha no donations from me, but I am far from being hired still. Does anyone know whats gonna happen when I show up with all my personal info because they said plan at least 3 hours. Im wondering if they might have a piss test on the spot just to save time and effort from investigating people who are just gonna fail because of drugs. If anyone has been through the hiring process can give me any info for what to expect, also should I dress casual, business dress etc. Thanks

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
If anyone has been through the hiring process can give me any info for what to expect, also should I dress casual, business dress etc. Thanks
Just wear a suit with 20-dollar bills taped all over it...they'll snap you up in a heartbeat!

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Just wear a suit with 20-dollar bills taped all over it...they'll snap you up in a heartbeat!
lol...you guys are friggen brutal. Don't scare the poor kid...:L:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great info,,,,,Im glad to see people take these forums seriously. Apparently nobody has anything better to do then comment about donating money and putting $20 bills on my suit. I have already heard about this through other threads and if you want to discuss the politics of the department then start your own thread. I asked a simple question about a particular part of the hiring process. If you dont have an answer thats fine but there is not need to state your personal opinion.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
mmapaul before you start tossing bombs, please clarify something.
Are you talking about a job behind the wall providing care and custody to inmates of the Middlesex County Jail, or are you talking about the patronage based, faux law enforcement job handed out by Mr. DiPaola?
Please be specific. And I can assure you that if your talking about a correctional officer position, you will have a hard time finding 1 member of this site that will give you a hard time. In fact, you will get more advice than you could use.

But if it's a "Road Deputy" job do us all a favor and fuck off now.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
but I am far from being hired still.
EXACTLY. You are FAR from being hired. Check your attitude before you come to a law enforcement site and tell those who HAVE been hired and who DO work the real streets, when and how they should offer their opinion.

·
Registered
495 Posts
mmapaul before you start tossing bombs, please clarify something.
Are you talking about a job behind the wall providing care and custody to inmates of the Middlesex County Jail, or are you talking about the patronage based, faux law enforcement job handed out by Mr. DiPaola?
Please be specific. And I can assure you that if your talking about a correctional officer position, you will have a hard time finding 1 member of this site that will give you a hard time. In fact, you will get more advice than you could use.

But if it's a "Road Deputy" job do us all a favor and fuck off now.
Come on Kozmo let your feelings flow, repression of feelings is a sure way to get ulcers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Douche, if you can't take a little ribbing here on a public forum, how are you going to deal with all the crap you will recieve walking the tiers....Ohhhhh that's right, you won't be on the tiers, you'll be out making m/v stops or driving around in parades... :rolleyes:
Its not that I cant take a little ribbing, I just dont think this is the right thread for it. Im not here to start crap or to start disrespecting people online like little teenage girls do. The last thing I want to do is go back and forth taking shots over the internet, its a waste of everybodys time. The reason I came to this site is to get real advice from people who already have been through the process I am going through.

·
Registered
258 Posts
mmapaul, how did things go for you today? Do you feel confident in the hiring process? Was there anything you noticed about the session?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Things seemed to go pretty smooth. Luckily I was prepared unlike many other people and had all of my paperwork ready. I was shocked at the number of people who were not prepared, because we had plenty of time to prepare. The funniest thing was all the people who got stage fright when it came to the piss test haha. I just have to wait for the investigator to get in touch with me, I guess they will be making an appearance at my house. Im assuming they just want to make sure that I live where I said and that I dont live like a savage. I just want to get this process over quickly so I can get an interview and then hopefully an invite to the academy. So, will see I guess.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you have any chumps dressed in jeans and sneakers? That is the best, I mean come on, if you want to come across as professional, at least look like it. I know that even though no interviews were conducted, they do remember. I know a person or 2 in human resources and they said it does matter, so I hope you were prepared on that front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I am also going through the hiring process and there were quite a few fools that did not dress up. I even saw a kid wearing a hooded sweat shirt, shorts and sneakers if you can believe that. Like mmapaul, I was also surprised how many people were not prepaired with their paperwork. This girl in my line told the investigator she did not know copies of her info were needed. He pulled out the letter that was sent to us weeks ago and read her the bottom line in bold "Please provide the original and a copy of the following" What a bunch of jokers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I am also currently in the hiring process and there were quite a few fools that were not dressed up. I even saw a kid wearing a sweatshirt, shorts and sneakers if you can believe that. NICE!

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Hey MMAPAUL, study hard at the academy, I hear that they give you 1 full week of boat handling so you can chase the escapees up the Concord River.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was not shocked to see people under dressed and unprepared. I wasnt sure what it was going to be like but I figured it wouldnt hurt to dress professional. One of the investigators there was actually getting mad because someone came with almost nothing needed. He was like "Are you just a complete idiot or did you not read this list?" Im sure being professional and prepared will help the process go a little smoother.

btw I will be sure to study hard :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts