Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard that these guys were looking to put their flippers into a certain metro west lake yeterday. Apparently interested in checking out PWC and water skiers. CH90b now too eh? What gives?

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Seen them on Lake Massaccuppic Tyngsboro, Merrimac Rver in Lowell, and Concord River. No Ch 90B as far as I know??????????????????????

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yeah confirmed sighting on Merrimac in Salisbury...certainly NOT Middlesex county...we should start taking pictures of these ass hats like the whacker thread not too far back...

G

·
Yeah confirmed sighting on Merrimac in Salisbury...certainly NOT Middlesex county...we should start taking pictures of these ass hats like the whacker thread not too far back...
And like we're getting our pictures taken while working details. If Joe Citizen thinks it's a waste of money for me to direct traffic at a construction site in the middle of a busy intersection at rush hour, they can surely see the lunacy of a sheriff having a marine unit that's not even in their own county.

·
MassCops Member
568 Posts
And like we're getting our pictures taken while working details. If Joe Citizen thinks it's a waste of money for me to direct traffic at a construction site in the middle of a busy intersection at rush hour, they can surely see the lunacy of a sheriff having a marine unit that's not even in their own county.
Never mind their own county, try a different STATE (R.I.)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Typical liberal thinking! Ignoring the 800 pound gorilla sheriff who is wasting tax payers money and going after details!

Stupid deval and media!

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
You know you guys are right, WTF is going on. My Dept is the Navy for the commonwealth and right now we are going through big changes and in the past showned weakness when it comes to turf. OK, beers on me for every pic that gets posted with time date and discription of the event. I'm good for the beer, trust me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think we need to get down to the basic questions here: 1, what is this the movie the fugitive, did one of the MC sherriff's planes crash into a lake where we need to find convicts, and 2, what exactly do they do on the water if they have no powers and no real reason to be there??

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
I think we need to get down to the basic questions here: 1, what is this the movie the fugitive, did one of the MC sherriff's planes crash into a lake where we need to find convicts, and 2, what exactly do they do on the water if they have no powers and no real reason to be there??
What I would like to see is Coast Guard Auxilliary, Sea Cadets, Boy/Girl scouts, and Young Marines running these fools off the water, and back to the Billerica HOC or wherever...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
A little off subject, but here in Rhode Island, the state sheriffs (we only have one sheriffs dept. for the whole, giant state) have started a search and rescue unit. It consists of a a few sheriffs who "train" by riding their personal ATV's around wildlife management areas where ATV's are not allowed. They "train" on warm Sunday afternoons in summer and fall, sometimes with their kids. It's all BS to access areas where ATV's are not allowed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah I know it is all a joke. But everyone know if the job was offered to work the marine unit for the Sheriffs Dept you would take it!!!! I personally think it is a total waste of money. Also keeping the Sheriffs Dept's alive! Unless they would make it that there was a jail side and a law enforcement side like florida and basically every other state besides this wonderful state we call Massachusetts.

G

·
MA has never had a full fledge county system like other states. The County does not maintain hospitals, roads, LE of unincorparated areas, etc. Everything is now handled at the municipal/town or the state level. City of Somerville's motto "Municipal Freedom Gives National Strength" says it all. Except as regional boundaries and Sheriffs wasting money, counties mean nothing in the Commonwealth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah I know it is all a joke. But everyone know if the job was offered to work the marine unit for the Sheriffs Dept you would take it!!!! I personally think it is a total waste of money. Also keeping the Sheriffs Dept's alive! Unless they would make it that there was a jail side and a law enforcement side like florida and basically every other state besides this wonderful state we call Massachusetts.
move to florida then.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Unless they would make it that there was a jail side and a law enforcement side like florida and basically every other state besides this wonderful state we call Massachusetts.
And Connecticut. All their Sheriffs were flushed more than a decade ago, and replaced with more efficient corrections officers.

But everyone know if the job was offered to work the marine unit for the Sheriffs Dept you would take it!!!!
Sheriff's are an archaic symbol of a bygone era, much like county government in general. States with no unincorporated land, and especially smaller states, have no particular need of a publicly elected official that incorporates law-enforcement and corrections into a single entity. In this state, Sheriffs combines all the worst aspects of political hackdom, pandering to the masses and budget irresponsibility. Sheriff's receive all their funding from the state, not the county. So every dollar spent is a dollar less that goes to local and state law-enforcement. With county correctional facilities in shambles and undermanned, Sheriff's continue to waste money and effort at more "glamorous" law enforcement stunts that get their names in the paper but produce dubious results. Not one police officer would complain if a Sheriff ran his facilities competently and effectively, maximized the safety of his staff with professional hiring and training and did everything possible to assist law enforcement with the tasks of housing and transporting prisoners. Instead we get political hacks who hire their friends into important and well-paid positions. Sheriffs who more interested in appearing at the local parade then providing housing and transport for prisoners and Sheriffs who waste thousands of dollars providing dubious "services" like marine patrol and motorcycle units with very little need, training or even actual enforcement power.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.