Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMERVILLE -- Two local residents, among 56 new deputy sheriffs, received awards during Monday's 34th Basic Training Academy Graduation.
Lowell resident Ezequiel Mercado Jr. received the Special Sheriff's Award, which is given to the recruit who sets the highest standard in physical fitness.
Fellow graduate Ryan Mullen of Chelmsford received the Superintendent Paul A. Tierney Memorial Award, given to the recruit who shows leadership, effort, participation and teamwork, as voted on by the class.
The recruits participated in a rigorous 25-week academy that focused on physical fitness, 700 classroom hours and diverse law-enforcement training, defensive tactics, firefighting and first aid.
"I am proud to say that you are all well on your way to attaining the level of professionalism and integrity that it takes to be not just an exceptional corrections officer, but an exceptional human being," Middlesex Sheriff James DiPaola told the graduates.
"You have achieved something great by graduating from this academy, but don't let it be your last great achievement. We expect a certain quality of individual to wear our uniform. ... We certainly expect great things from each of you."
LOWELL SUN

·
Registered
779 Posts
We expect a certain quality of individual to wear our uniform. ...
Middlesex Sheriff James DiPaola

HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA....HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

G

·
Is the High Sheriff the fitness standard? I have to finish a few more pallets of twinkies to reach it.

Feed me!!!!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inspector you

Me??? Never

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Oh fudge!

To be fair, I think this was a C.O.'s Academy Graduation!
Big Jim is pretty cute though in his fookin h'at eh?
:rolleyes:

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Can't you guys (for once) be happy for people who have bettered themselves in their chosen career? Sure, the Sheriff is a buffoon. Your constant Sheriff bashing gets old. OK now flame away at me for standing up.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
SOMERVILLE -- Two local residents, among 56 new deputy sheriffs, received awards during Monday's 34th Basic Training Academy Graduation.
Lowell resident Ezequiel Mercado Jr. received the Special Sheriff's Award, which is given to the recruit who sets the highest standard in physical fitness.
Fellow graduate Ryan Mullen of Chelmsford received the Superintendent Paul A. Tierney Memorial Award, given to the recruit who shows leadership, effort, participation and teamwork, as voted on by the class.
The recruits participated in a rigorous 25-week academy that focused on physical fitness, 700 classroom hours and diverse law-enforcement training, defensive tactics, firefighting and first aid.
"I am proud to say that you are all well on your way to attaining the level of professionalism and integrity that it takes to be not just an exceptional corrections officer, but an exceptional human being," Middlesex Sheriff James DiPaola told the graduates.
"You have achieved something great by graduating from this academy, but don't let it be your last great achievement. We expect a certain quality of individual to wear our uniform. ... We certainly expect great things from each of you."
LOWELL SUN
That is a hell of a corrections academy!

·
Subscribing Member
1,198 Posts
I have the highest respect for Corrections Officers in the Middlesex County Middlesex Sheriffs Office. I have 2 cousins and a good friend that work there.

But that hat is quite a site on Sheriff James DiPaola.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
This pic is far too good to pass up.
I say we start a caption contest...

I SAID I WANT A SAUSAGE AND CHEESE CALZONE, AND A DIET COKE AND I MEAN NOW DAMN IT!!!

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts

I SAID I WANT A SAUSAGE AND CHEESE CALZONE, AND A DIET COKE AND I MEAN NOW DAMN IT!!!
Now that Luciano is dead, I am the best tenor on Earth, or at least Middlesex County.

Are the 3 Irish Tenors still touring? Wanna make it a Quartet?

Hey ******, where's your hat?

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally Posted by KozmoKramer

And I'm very proud to say that the groundhog saw his shadow so there will be six more months of winter.

Okay guys, "six more weeks of winter."

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
Yes that is the COs academy that graduated. The PT (running wise) is comparable to any academy out there, and anyone who knows Sgt. Crane will tell you the same.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
This pic is far too good to pass up.
I say we start a caption contest...

Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson is dead. So is Mo Green, Tataglia, Barzini, the heads of all the five families. It is at moments like these, my dear friends, that we must ask ourselves: "How can this not be part of some larger plan?" Do good men like Dead Meat Thompson just blink out one day like a bad bulb? I mean, one minute you're in bed with a knockout gal... or guy, and the next, you're a compost heap. Doesn't that bother any of you? Because it scares the living piss outta me!

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
As I am sure Kilvinsky will also attest, that picture is from Harvard's graduation ceremonies. The Sheriff has been included in the program for hundreds of years...........

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Yes that is the COs academy that graduated. The PT (running wise) is comparable to any academy out there, and anyone who knows Sgt. Crane will tell you the same.
If it is, explain why they don't lose at least a 3rd of every class?? hmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 65 Posts