Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a criminal justice student currently writing a report on recidivism and reentry issues of the Middlesex Country Sheriff's Department. I was wondering if anyone had some insight I could include in my research. Thanks!!!!! ~aem783

·
Registered
97 Posts
Although I can't comment or give information on the Middlesex Reentry / recidivism rate of the Middlesex County, I can offer a web site related to the States Reenrty / Recidivism rate at:

http://www.mass.gov/portal/site/massgovportal/menuitem.a315d58794c731c14db4a11030468a0c/?pageID=eopssubtopic&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Law+Enforcement+%26+Criminal+Justice&L2=Prisons&L3=Reentry+%26+Reintegration&sid=Eeops

This site is a little off your topic, but I hope it will help you with other information you might use in your research. To find information at a county level will be hard, I assume you tried all links to the Middlesex County and what they provide on their site, if they have one, don't know. There is a Sheriffs related link on this great site related to topics concerning the Sheriffs Departments State wide that might be able to help you. Not sure if you tried it or not.

Good luck on your research aem783. When you complete your research paper and have past, please post it here. Any and all information related to corrections is always appreciated on this site.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
AEM,

Does your paper have to be on Middlesex? I work for Essex. We have quite a few people, who's only job is re-entry and recidivism issues. If you could look at our department, you could probably give someone a call at the department, and get quite a bit of information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Boy I can't begine to tell you how many reports I've had kicked back to me for typo's. Embarrassing at first, funny now. But NO ONE IS PERFECT. I believe Albert Einstein couldn't spell to save his life! And nor can I!!

PearlOnyx, good info for AEM783.

Have fun guys, you only got one shot in life at it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the website. that will help quite a bit.
I've been in contact with Middlesex, and have the recidivism rate for them- about 50%. That's pretty high. The state's is something like 48% and of that percent, 81% are reincarcerated with a new sentence. If the state recognizes it as a problem at 48%, then Middlesex should at 50%.

One problem I've noticed while trying to get info from them... they don't have it on hand! Shouldn't all facilities have statisticians and keep track of this stuff?

I'll be sure to post it, only if I get an A though. :)
Thanks again.
~aem783

GateKeeper said:
Although I can't comment or give information on the Middlesex Reentry / recidivism rate of the Middlesex County, I can offer a web site related to the States Reenrty / Recidivism rate at:

http://www.mass.gov/portal/site/massgovportal/menuitem.a315d58794c731c14db4a11030468a0c/?pageID=eopssubtopic&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Law+Enforcement+%26+Criminal+Justice&L2=Prisons&L3=Reentry+%26+Reintegration&sid=Eeops

This site is a little off your topic, but I hope it will help you with other information you might use in your research. To find information at a county level will be hard, I assume you tried all links to the Middlesex County and what they provide on their site, if they have one, don't know. There is a Sheriffs related link on this great site related to topics concerning the Sheriffs Departments State wide that might be able to help you. Not sure if you tried it or not.

Good luck on your research aem783. When you complete your research paper and have past, please post it here. Any and all information related to corrections is always appreciated on this site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for telling me that! This report will contain a background section about the problem, then a discussion section about what other people have done to address this problem, then a recommendation section with my own solutions. I could look at Essex County as a model for my recommendations. Is there information on their website? Thanks again! ~aem783

PearlOnyx said:
AEM,

Does your paper have to be on Middlesex? I work for Essex. We have quite a few people, who's only job is re-entry and recidivism issues. If you could look at our department, you could probably give someone a call at the department, and get quite a bit of information.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
AEM,

You will not find that information on the website. If your interested, PM me and I'll send you some contact information for somoene who can help you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.