Michele McPhee to Join WRKO Lineup | MassCops

Michele McPhee to Join WRKO Lineup

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by kwflatbed, Jan 13, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Michele McPhee to Join WRKO Lineup

by Michele Mcphee on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 4:45pm

January 13, 2010 (Boston) – Entercom New England announced today that acclaimed media personality and celebrated author Michele McPhee will join the lineup at WRKO beginning next Monday, January 17th.

McPhee replaces Charley Manning from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Manning, who is involved in a number of business ventures that keep him working around the clock, is leaving to devote more of his time to those projects.

“I want to thank Charley for his tireless efforts over the past year. I enjoyed working with him and I look forward to working with him in the future,” said Jason Wolfe, Vice President of AM Programming and Operations at Entercom New England. “Michele has a tremendous track record of success in Boston. She works extremely hard, and I’m very excited to bring here to WRKO. She has great contacts locally and nationally, and her experience and understanding of this market will provide for some very compelling programming.”

"I am excited to be part of the lineup at WRKO,” said McPhee. “Talk Radio plays such an important role in keeping politicians accountable; engaging in analysis about the daily headlines ; and giving New Englanders a chance to weigh in. I'm looking forward to getting started and coming up with a daily dose of outrage."

McPhee is no stranger to local listeners. She is a frequent commentator on Boston’s Fox 25 and is the New England correspondent for ABC News. She also appears each Monday in the Boston Herald. She is a celebrated author and has covered high-profile crime cases across the country and has been a commentator on breaking news for national programs on CNN; MSNBC; and the Fox News Channel. McPhee was the first female Police Bureau Chief for the New York Daily News and was a weekly columnist and the Police Bureau Chief for the Boston Herald.

Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is one of the five largest radio broadcasting companies in the United States, with a nationwide portfolio of 110 stations in 23 markets, including San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Portland, Sacramento and Kansas City. Known for developing unique and highly successful locally programmed stations, Entercom is home to some of radio’s most distinguished brands and compelling personalities. The company is also the radio broadcast partner of the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Kansas City Royals, New Orleans Saints and Buffalo Sabres. Entercom focuses on creating effective integrated marketing solutions for its customers that incorporate the company’s audio, digital and experiential assets. Additionally, the company has a long-standing commitment to responsible corporate citizenship and environmental stewardship. Entercom stations play a vital, hands-on role in improving their communities, providing over $100 million in annual support for local charitable organizations. The company’s radio stations have received numerous awards, including multiple Edward R. Murrow Awards for excellence in broadcast journalism and National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Marconi Awards for excellence in radio broadcasting. In 2007, Forbes magazine named Entercom one of America’s “Most Trustworthy Companies.”
    ###

[​IMG]

2. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Thats good for us she is Cop friendly/.

3. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Sucks for the time slot though....competing witn Rush.

4. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Smart move dumping her WTKK. Can't believe you still have that dope anarchist without a clue Braude but you got rid of her. Now I might actually listen to AM radio. Hope Happy goes with her.

5. 5-0

5-0 Guest

It's nice having such a pro-cop commentator... BUT... I've said it before, that voice causes shrinkage. Plus, I just don't find her that intelligent. When she's discussing anything that isn't cop related, it's bush league.

6. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Wouldn't you agree that most if not all the people in the media have their "specialties" inwhich they can speak with some knowledge but once they venture outside their comfort zone well let's say it can be a train wreck? I'm glad LE will finally have a voice (however shrinkage causing) that will counter the people who have made it their life mission to demean, distort and disrupt the good work of police officers in this state.

7. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I think to be on a talk program, you should be a bit more well-rounded. No doubt. It's good to have an.ally in the media.

8. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

96.9 used to be my favorite station. I have recently been listening to 680 more often. Jay is the only reason I listen to 96.9 at all anymore. This will be a good move for Michelle and the station.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

9. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

trying reading her articles, you'll start reading to yourself in her voice.

10. Even if I agree w/ what she's saying, her voice is definitely like nails on a chalkboard. She should def keep at it, though, she has a face for radio.

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

And a voice for print media.

12. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Boy, didn't your mom's teach you if you can't say anything nice about someone don't say anything at all. No nevermind masscops would become boring.:wavespin:

13. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

she has a face for radio.

[​IMG]

really ?

perhaps the shows producer wanted her to have that on-air loud, brassy persona.

will admit her voice does go though me a bit, but she's a friend of LE and exposes corrupt officials which makes her tops in my book.

maybe i'm getting old, but would never have a problem taking Michalle on a date :shades_smile:

14. I'm not saying she's the most horrible person in the world, I'm just expressing my opinion. True, she defends and supports LE... but as was already stated - that doesn't mean everything she talks about is completely within her realm of knowledge. There are def some anchors/hosts/personalities I like, but I'd rather LISTEN to than LOOK at them. Not a character slam, just a personal preference.

...And you can feel free to date whoever you like. :)

15. A133

A133 MassCops Member

She's in a tough spot....face for radio and a voice for silent movies...maybe she can broadcast through an interpreter!