Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i went to AAA in dedham to look for a off duty holster for my weapon for my new job A Sig P220 I shoulda known that if it's not a Glock they won't have it :roll: I was looking for a Kydex or a fobus holster. I ended up getting the deaf guy that then brought me towards the coats for some reason after i said a fobus holster for a p220 so i then left and said to myself shoulda assumed this is what would happen. I then drove towards boston and remembered MHQ was over there. I went there walked in and that place is amazing they have everything right out on the floor and there was a Younger kid working there named Mike who knew his stuff which I like alot I hate going somewhere and the people don't know anything about what they sell. They have pretty much anything you need and the prices are very reasonable. So instead of going to AAA check out MHQ they don't care who you work for. Just my :2c:

Scott :pc:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Got the address??

·
Registered
186 Posts
I remember AAA when the man who owned it Eddie Thomas use to leave the store and take his little dog for a walk and leave one or two people there to handle 3 or more customers. Since then I have found that unless you are Boston PD or Dedham PD or maybe MSP you are going to cool your heels until they are ready. I have seen people waiting and get bypassed because one of the above department guys walk in for something.

Now with that said and done, MHQ is 180 degrees the other way to not just the good, but the excellent. I have been in there just picking one item up and then doing a little window shopping. The sales force that I have dealt with are very knowledgeable and show you items without problems. I plan on spending many more dollars in there in the future and I suggest that if you want to be treated as an equal no matter who you work for they are the place to go.

By the way...their prices are great too!

·
Registered
181 Posts
MHQ also has a small police supply shop in their Marlboro complex (where all the new cruisers are). I have been out there twice for light bar issues, and they could not be more helpful. I work for a large agency, but there were several people from very small towns there that day, and they were also getting assistance.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SRRerg @ Thu 05 Aug said:
MHQ also has a small police supply shop in their Marlboro complex (where all the new cruisers are). I have been out there twice for light bar issues, and they could not be more helpful. I work for a large agency, but there were several people from very small towns there that day, and they were also getting assistance.
Yeah and if they can't help you with questions in front in Marlborough there are plenty of technicians out back that can answer your questions. Plus they always have some sweet deals in there on lights and stuff. That whole company is great the Car dealership is a division of Harr enterprises.

Scott :pc:

·
Registered
372 Posts
MHQ rules. AAA sucks. I received a gift certificate to AAA, so the money was already spent. After I got the last .01 of merchandise out of them, I vowed to not return. I have had only positive experiences at MHQ in West Roxbury and Marlboro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts