Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this regulation applies to carrying your department issued weapons on duty. What I dont understand is why chiefs require officers to obtain LTCs. How can there be case law supporting the chiefs decision to force LTCs when there is this statute?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rules and Regulations of the department can require it and even the job description as listed by the town.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Because knuckle heads in our profession who live outside said towns they work in have from time to time been involved in, get this...... domestics and have a 209A filed against them. These officers never report it to their chief they work for. So as a result they continue to legally carry their fire arms eventhough there is a 209A filed against them. Chiefs who got smart to this as well as the federal government will ask their officer to file for a LTC in their own town as well as the officers who live in the same town, thus clearing up any confusion!!

Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game!!!!:vcop:

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
I understand this regulation applies to carrying your department issued weapons on duty. What I dont understand is why chiefs require officers to obtain LTCs. How can there be case law supporting the chiefs decision to force LTCs when there is this statute?
it all came about through domestic violence issues. a simple a/b conviction gets you disqualified and off the force.8-[

1 - 4 of 4 Posts