Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question for MGH PO's. Is there a rank structure in your dept. or is there just a chief/director and officer's. I've been there a couple times to interview prisoners and I have talked with a few officer's, but I never really asked much about the dept. I also heard there is an investigation bureau?

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
I worked there about a year and half ago, and unless things have changed drastically (which I doubt), the rank structure is as follows: Officer, Shift Supervisor, Shift Manager, Operations Manager (Asst. Director), and Director. There are also a few other Managers (Training, Systems, Projects, etc.) that are considered to be above the operations portion of the rank structure .

There is also an investigative Bureau made up of four people. They handle most of the incident follow ups and court activity. Their website can answer questions about this unit.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
My former FTO is about 95% accurate. There was a recent change to the rank stucture:

Director
Asst. Director
Shift Manager
Shift Supv.
Level 2 Officer
Officer

Great bennies and decent pay. Any Q', feel free to PM me.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Level 2 Officer is the equivelant of a Corporal. They provide supervision, in some cases Level 2's are Officers with designated functions such as the Communications Center Coordinator... They act as a Supervisor in the absence of the Supervisor and Manager (which can be quite often) and play key roles in the training of new Officers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard something interesting the other day about MGH and I was hoping someone could verify this for me. I was told that MGH has a S.W.AT. Team or an Entry Team. Is there any truth to this????????

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Yeah, their "Entry Team" that you speak of carries a large ring of keys for opening doors to enter!

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is no special entry team or S.W.A.T. team. However there is a specialized task force. It is the Anti-Homeless Task Force. Each night these specially trained officers sweep the garages, emergency room, local park and public restrooms in search for the the 10-9. Last I heard they were getting a special K-9 that can smell the slightest trace of Listerine.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
"10-9"... there's a code you'll NEVER forget :lol:

S.W.A.T. Team?? Maybe your source was an out of control patient him/herself and got their ass whipped by what he may have thought was a SWAT Team... Take downs can happen pretty quick there, right ejk?
:wink:

Housing Cop... My key ring is not that big... thanks to technology (more and more computerized)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that MGH does not carry which is why I was shocked to hear that they had a S.W.A.T. Team. The person that told me this claims that her boyfriend works for MGH and is on their S.W.A.T. Team. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I know that MGH does not carry which is why I was shocked to hear that they had a S.W.A.T. Team. The person that told me this claims that her boyfriend works for MGH and is on their S.W.A.T. Team. Thanks for the clarification.
Catfish - Maybe it was SWATCH Team. You know, picking out a nice floral pattern for the psychotic game-room??? :crazy: :wl: :sly:

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
To clear this up, MGH has specialized units, not special weapons and tactics. These are like an investigations division or something. they have a better description at their website

MGH Police

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Come on now. Don't knock the key ring business. I carried a big ring of keys at MIT for 8+ years and made a ton of money doing it. For that kind of cash I would have carried two rings!!

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
MITPO,
I was just busting chops like I always do. Hell if the 25/75 ever becomes law, I'll put in 7 more years standing on my head & you and me can share those key rings. I don't mind collecting 2 pensions when I am in my 60's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.