Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
ntvs,

Unless you have a "connection" :eek:nfire: , online is the best way. The Manager who does the initial interviews is well in tune with the HR dept so he'll get all/any applications and or resumes. www.partners.org :pc:

If you have any useful background you should get a call, as there are a few openings. Like I said before, these positions are competitive - like any Police Job.... This is unlike any other Job... :unsure: However, they have been known to hire (a very few) people with unrelated experience as long as they fit the "bill"... But most people have relevant experience/strong background. Management/Supervisory experience is a plus. =D>

Some of our current staff include former PO's, CO's, Deputies, Security Directors, current Part-time PO's, etc.. :L:

Be prepared for the interviews. [-o<

Any more Q's? PM me. :doctor:

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
RPD931 brings up some good points. Do a search of this website, and you will find out a lot about the department. There have been many posts about the department (both good and bad). The benefits there are almost unbeatable. They use earned time for vaca., sick time, personal time, etc. You accrue something like 4.47 hours a week. It comes out to something like 5 1/2 weeks a year. I recently left there for another campus job (better pay), and I had around 250 hours in my ET bank. They cut me a nice fat check for the cash out. I took plenty of time off when I was there too. But just as RPD931 says...be prepared for some confrontations. Not that I ever got in any... :jump: :jump: :innocent:

·
Registered
186 Posts
It all sounds good, but the one main thing that stopped me from applying there for a part time job was that the Officers there are not armed, and your in Boston in a Police Uniform. Thats the only thing that turned me away, everything else sounds great. I give you guys that work there credit to do the job with no weapon.

Stay Safe.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
DODK911 & ntvs, ... It's a hospital :doctor: - we try to get people out, not in, so shooting them would be bad for business (an Administration hold too). Yes, a gun would be a great added tool - but our section of the city really isn't bad, quite affluent actually...mostly thieves, psych patients and drunks are what we deal with, local residents are harmless except for the "natives" (bums) they're a handful.

The real scumbags :ninja: are usually what the ambulances bring in as our hospital covers areas of East Boston, Charlestown, Downtown, Fleetcenter, Cambridge, Chinatown, Somerville, Chelsea (a real shi*hole), Revere and anywhere else north and west of the city. Our proximity to i-93 from the north and Storrow Drive from the west make us an ideal dumping ground. And if BMC and/or NEMC go on divert, bend over and kiss your a** goodbye. Gotta love it when they bring in gang-bangers... even better when they bring the rivals to the same place.

Our frequent responses to psych units would also make carrying a weapon hazardous. :eek:nfire:

Like my former FTO and myself said, be ready for confrontations. And if you're afraid of germs, don't work there. [-X As the senior man on the shift, I start the rumbles :pirate: They're not bad as long as you hold your ground, you can't wimp out... oops, did I say that out loud?!? O:) :twisted: :L: :whistle:

Yep, gotta love the ET (Earned time) racket... Between earned time and comp time I work less than most kids go to elementary school. I took 4 weeks off this year and I still have about 3 more available. :punk: :beer:

CampusOfficer.. B, you know you miss the 10-9's!! :beer: Remember Robert Kinder? He kicked the bucket. :-({|=

Here's the official Dept. site www.mghpolice.com :fun:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Oh I forgot 1 thing....

DODK911, Only Officers assigned to outside patrols/bike patrol (cough), wear police uniforms. And that is usually only 2 guys on (in uniform) per shift, the other Officers assigned inside wear Blue Suits - aka "Men in Blue", "Blue suit mob", "boys in blue" and my favorite "the heavy hitters". You'll be amazed how many Officers we employ, we beat all small departments and most mid size with our staff size.

When you check out the Website, click on the Operations page. The picture you'll see represents only 1/2 the size of our department, if that. :-k and we're still growing as the hospital is expanding.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
RPD931 said:
but our section of the city really isn't bad
Wasn't there a murder on Cambridge St. right outside MGH last weekend?? And wasn't there a murder/suicide INSIDE MGH back around April?? Sounds like the area is getting worse to me.

And yes, I did hear about my good friend Mr. Kinder. :t: He was a real SHI*TBAG; "was" being the operative word.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
RPD :?: – can you elaborate about what the main differences are between the "Security Officers" and the "Police Officers" at MGH? Looks like they belong to the same department, I’m just curious about what distinguishes the two job titles? Also, Mass SSPO? Thanks! ~K.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
well i did a search- it seems like a racket and a good stepping stone or a good steady job which is hard to come by. I hope they stay like this i get outta of the military (and the damn middle east) in 27 months and 1 week so i will have to check that out.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
KozmoKramer said:
RPD :?: - can you elaborate about what the main differences are between the "Security Officers" and the "Police Officers" at MGH? Looks like they belong to the same department, I'm just curious about what distinguishes the two job titles? Also, Mass SSPO? Thanks! ~K.
EVERYONE's title is "Security Officer". It is 1 dept. the department title is "Police and Security" (ALL in ONE package). There are NO job role differences. If you qualify for SSPO, thats just an added tool.

EOD1, You're right! It's a GREAT stepping-stone and can be a career for certain folks. Very steady job, and a good amount of OT too. Good pay, great bennies. It's a dept of over 100 employees. We have lots of folks with serious time in (15-35 years of service.) I have been there for about 4 years, and although I don't plan on retiring there (looking for a career in a municipal LE agency), I'm quite satifisfied. And you really can't beat the pay and bennies. When/if I join a PD full-time, I would lose money salary-wise, but details would make up for that. But I get more time off than my Chief of Police does.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.