Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Minuteman Project is a volunteer organization that has formed to lobby congress to address the problem of illegals coming from Mexico. Check out the site its a really good cause and definitely something that needs to be addressed. As a current member of the Armed Forces, I really appreciate people who volunteer for a good cause like this (not protesting for crap like anti DNC or RNC events :evil: ).

http://www.minutemanproject.com/photos/photos_2005apr02_rallys.html

·
Registered
208 Posts
Too bad I didnt live closer, or I'd be defending America's border. When is this government going to wake up and realize the problems illegal immagration is causing. Its not like when the European immigrants came here and were happy to adapt to American culture, or at least be willing to learn the language and speak it. I'm not one to give money away, but a small donation isn't going to hurt me in this case. God bless the "UNDOCUMENTED BORDER PATROL AGENTS" trying to stop the "UNDOCUMENTED IMMAGRANTS" from entering the country.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Once in the country, all of the illegals can then come up here to Massachusetts and get Drivers Licences and Welfare!!!! :evil:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
As much of a proponent as I am for sealing the mexican border, if I were president, I'd do an even trade.
Think of all the chronically lazy, unemployed, shit bags you deal with or see on a daily basis. I say for each one of those American Citizens, we get to trade them for one mexican who actually wants to take advantage of our society and work for a living.

When it comes to these "minuteman", I support thier cause, however I'm leary that some of them are probably the Kings of all Yahoo's and I am starting to see articles that some of them are unintentionally interfereing with the seismic sensors in the desert that are there to detect the illegals.

I think they are serving a good purpose though. If they want to sit around in the desert with a pair of binoculars all night then good for them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great idea mikey!!!!!!!!! I say we can start with the compliant ones, pick em up while their sleepin on the streets,, or grab a couple and give em a "courtesy ride" right to the border,,,,, sweet!!! 1 for 1. I like it.

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
There was a horrendous series of natural disasters in Mexico over a short period of time. These included a terrible earthquake, a tsunami, floods, and ensuing disease epidemics. About one million Mexicans perished.

Canada sent 50,000 troops and a generous disaster relief package.

Great Britain sent 75,000 troops and even more financial aid, as well as some of the finest doctors in the world.

The United States sent one million replacement Mexicans.

·
Registered
161 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
One would be amazed at the number of UDA's (undocumented Illegal alliens) that line the streets every morning looking for work. I counted over 100 UDA's standing on the side of the road one morning. Cities throught the Metro Phoenix area have what they call Day Labor buildings that cater to business/companies that are looking to hire UDA's for the day. Some cities prevent their officers from call Border Patrol.

Today, I group of UDA's and their supports marched to the state house to protest two bills that would prevent UDA's from receiving state benifits and attending schools.

Last year we found a drop house in our city with over 30 UDA's inside. A few of the UDA's told us that they were headed to Massachusetts and a few other east coast states. Fortunite for us, Border Patrol came out and picked them up.

I come across UDA's every night I work. Our department has a good working relationship with Border Patrol,which allows us to call them out on a weekly bases to pickup the UDA's we come across.

Last night DPS ( Highway Patrol) stopped a car with 6 UDA's. Two of them were found in the trunk.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
soxrock75";p="61932 said:
Once in the country, all of the illegals can then come up here to Massachusetts and get Drivers Licences and Welfare!!!! :evil:
Don't forget the educational opportunities @ State/Community colleges!
:wink:

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Every time I hear of a story of a couple of them in the trunk it reminds me of the dropped TT unit
in Texas near the border in a small truck stop
that everyone in the trailer cooked to death.
Not a plesant way to go.

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
Brazilian murderer found on the lam in Framingham
By Norman Miller/ Metrowest Daily News
Thursday, July 7, 2005

FRAMINGHAM - A convicted murderer from Brazil living in Framingham illegally was recently deported back to his native country.

Rodrigo Barros, 26, was deported by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office on June 27.

Barros was convicted in Brazil on Dec. 3, 2002, for killing Simone Silva, and was sentenced to 6years in prison, but fled the country prior to his conviction and sentence being handed down by the court, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Barros was arrested in Framingham March 10 by ICE investigators, working on information provided by the Natick Police Department.

G

·
Wow, that is amazing. Now if ICE would only provide more assistance like that maybe there would be a few less rapists, murders, and unlicensed drivers hitting POs around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There was some articles in the concord monitor newspaper in NH. A Cheif of Police of a small town was arresting illegals on Trespass charges then waiting for INS/ICE to show up at court the next day to take them into custody.
I believe the Cheif states that if the US Government won't do anyting and they are illegal Y can't he arrest them for trespassing in the US or in his Town... I will try and do some research and find the articles on line..
www.concordmonitor.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Police chiefs aren't border agents
Trespass arrests should be stopped
By: ARNIE ALPERT

For the Monitor
Police officers have a right to their opinions. Out of uniform, they can march, picket and call members of Congress. They can even commit acts of civil disobedience. But when they wear the badge and carry a loaded gun, political publicity stunts are abuses of authority. That is why New Hampshire's attorney general should tell the New Ipswich and Hudson police to stop charging immigrants with criminal trespass.

This story started a year ago when New Ipswich's police chief pulled over a van with 11 Ecuadorians whom he believed were in this country without legal documentation.

When he tried to turn them in to the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (formerly known as the INS), the feds told him they had more important things to do than deport every undocumented construction worker and gardener in the country.

In mid-April, the New Ipswich police found Jorge Mora Ramirez parked by the side of the road with his flashers on, talking on his cell phone. (Had he been driving while talking on his phone, he probably would have escaped notice.) Ramirez had a Mexican driver's license, but the police asked him for other ID, too. When, according to the police report, the 21-year old Mexican said his other papers were fraudulent, the police placed him under arrest and charged him with criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.

The Hudson police followed New Ipswich's bad example on May 12, when they charged two Mexican nationals with trespassing. Since then, they have added several more to their list. Hearings and trials in both sets of cases are scheduled to begin July 12.

New Hampshire law says "a person is guilty of criminal trespass if, knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he enters or remains in any place."

Apparently, the state attorney general's office gave the New Ipswich police the go-ahead to use the criminal justice law against people they believe are in the country without license or privilege. "It's a novel interpretation," Assistant Attorney General Robert Carey said. Outrageous, I would say.

No doubt the town's police have also pulled over drivers who were intoxicated. We all know it is against the law to drive in that condition. Or, we might say, an intoxicated person is without license or privilege to be driving. But as far as I know, the local police have never charged anyone with trespass to supplement a DWI charge.

Another example might be people who have skipped bail or escaped from jail. They can certainly be arrested and charged with serious crimes. But have you ever heard of someone being charged with trespassing in such a situation? I have not.

There are other legal reasons to object to the use of the trespass statute in these cases. The Rockingham County attorney says only immigration judges, not town police officers, have the legal authority to determine who is in the country illegally. On his advice, the Salem police have decided they will not arrest people simply for suspicion of being in the country without legal documents.

In addition to the fact that it is probably unconstitutional, charging suspected undocumented immigrants with trespassing also poses a threat to public safety. If they fear getting charged with crimes themselves, immigrants will stop seeking police help when crimes are committed against them.

The New Ipswich chief even told a group of human rights activists that if a woman complained of domestic abuse, he would respond to her complaint but would also charge her with trespassing if he believed she were in the country illegally. When fear of the police displaces trust, our communities become less safe for everyone.

If the police are licensed to search out undocumented immigrants, most of those who will be stopped and questioned will be people with dark complexions. In fact, many immigrants and people of color who are in the country lawfully have stories of unjustified police stops. An expansion of racial profiling is a serious danger to human rights.

The other possibility is that all of us will be in danger of having to prove we are in the country legally at any moment. This would require a national ID card, something many citizens have resisted as an infringement on privacy.

"My position will never change,"says New Ipswich's police chief.

It is not his position that worries me. It is his actions.

Perhaps the judges will put an end to the practice. But before they do so, the state's attorney general should instruct the police to put their political opinions aside when they put on their uniforms and to stop using state laws to protest federal policies.

(Arnie Alpert is New Hampshire coordinator for the American Friends Service Committee, a Quaker organization devoted to peace, social justice and human rights. He lives in Canterbury and is a member of the Monitor's board of contributors.)

Copyright (c) 2005 Concord Monitor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heres another one today from NH.... I never knew there wsa such a problem in NH with Illegals...

Immigrants rights group meets with attorney general's office

By KATHY McCORMACK
Associated Press Writer

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- Members of the New Hampshire Immigrants Rights Task Force want Attorney General Kelly Ayotte to tell police to stop using the state's criminal trespassing law against illegal immigrants.

The group presented the office a letter Friday endorsed by 36 businesses, religious leaders, health care organizations and others outlining reasons they say the practice should be stopped. Among the signatories were state Sen. Lou D'Allesandro of Manchester and the Rev. V. Gene Robinson, Episcopal bishop of New Hampshire.

The task force says the use of the law against illegal immigrants in the towns of New Ipswich and Hudson increase fear and distrust of law enforcement by all immigrants, including those in the country legally.

Police Chief W. Garrett Chamberlain started the practice in New Ipswich and Hudson chief Richard Gendron enthusiastically joined in. Both say they are helping to prevent another Sept. 11 and are frustrated with perceived federal indifference to pursuing illegal immigrants.
The statute says a person is guilty of criminal trespassing if, "knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so, he enters or remains in any place."

Chamberlain and Gendron maintain that they are doing their part to keep the public safe, especially since the federal government isn't helping out.

The unprecedented arrests began in April when a New Ipswich officer found 21-year-old Jorge Mora Ramirez's sport utility vehicle pulled alongside a road with its flasher on. Ramirez said he was from Mexico and acknowledged having fake identification and being in the country illegally.

He was cited for a violation under the criminal trespassing law - comparable to a traffic ticket - after immigration officials refused to take him into custody. Ramirez, who pleaded innocent, faces a $1,000 fine but no jail time. His trial is scheduled for Tuesday in Jaffrey District Court.

The immigrants rights group says the status of being undocumented is not a criminal offense under federal law and that using the state criminal trespassing law "criminalizes a non-criminal status."

In their letter to Ayotte, the group also said the federal government has exclusive jurisdiction to regulate and enforce immigration laws and that local and state law enforcement officials have no authority to determine anyone's immigration status.

Chamberlain and Gendron have gotten many letters and e-mails of support. But the support has changed, for the negative, some people's attitudes toward immigrants in New Hampshire, members of the group say.

"It makes us feel insecure," Eva Castillo, a member of the task force, said Friday. "People are treating us differently now. ... Why treat us all like we're terrorists?"

Messages left with Chamberlain and Gendron were not immediately returned Friday afternoon.

Group members said they were encouraged by the meeting with assistant state attorneys general Simon Brown and Michael Delaney. Ayotte was on vacation.

"We agreed that we would review their concerns, keep the dialogue with the task force open and we would have a future meeting," Brown said.

Brown said Chamberlain contacted the attorney general's office after he cited Ramirez to review the use of the law.

"This office has not issued a formal opinion concerning the application of the criminal trespass law. However, Chief Chamberlain was told when he contacted this office that his use of the statute under the circumstances presented, in our view, was a novel approach," Brown said. "But we are not aware of any other New Hampshire law that precludes utilization of the criminal trespass law."

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
Letter to the Editor, From The Salem Evening News, July 27th, 05

Letter to the editor

(single page view)
(view as multiple pages)

Time to crack down on illegal immigrants

To the Editor:

We need to take back America before it's too late. Letting illegal aliens stay and become citizens without going through the process is not a responsible answer.

We are filling our country with criminals, gangs, disease and financial burdens, which affect our middle-class families that are having a hard enough time providing for themselves. Many families can't afford medical insurance and college for their children, yet we are expected to provide housing, medical care, food stamps and education for illegal aliens.

Why shouldn't these aliens go through the legal process? This is a way of weeding out the criminals.

Many illegal aliens are driving without a license or insurance. I know because one who couldn't speak English, and had a fake international driver's license, hit me. He was working for a major newspaper delivery company. These businesses can pay illegal immigrants lower wages and get away without providing them insurance.

Please call Sens. Kennedy, Kerry and McCain and Congressman John Tierney. Tell them you don't support allowing illegal aliens to stay for five years and then apply for citizenship. Please tell your friends to call also.

Virginia Briggs

Marblehead

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
Letter to the Editor from The Salem Evening News08/09/05.

Opinion
Illegal immigrants misuse system

To the editor;

In answer to a letter in The Salem News on July 29 headlined "Immigrants have rights and dreams too," I have this to say to Amanda Barbieri: it is not ignorance that sends up a red flag over the issue of illegal aliens entering the United States by the thousands daily, but rather concern.

How can any country possibly support all these people who are illegal, just because in Barbieri's opinion, they deserve it. Many of our own American citizens deserve a better life but don't have it handed to them. They struggle through each day trying to improve their living conditions legally.

As for the paying of taxes, how can one be so naive? Do they? For every one that does, there are hundreds who don't. They find ways to get food stamps, medical aid, child care etc., all by misusing the system and without paying a dime.

In your letter, you said "They merely use a fake Social Security number." Merely? The idea of using a fake Social Security number itself is illegal and a crime. How can you even state that as an accepted practice? They should be prosecuted.

There is always a risk of getting caught when sneaking into this country because that is what happens when people take the law and break it. Any crime is punishable by law.

In answer to America as a "melting pot" for all, yes we are, and proud of it. My ancestors emigrated from Poland and France to Canada and America. The huge difference you forgot to mention is that they and many others arrived here for a new and better life legally. They went through the proper channels and worked hard legally to help themselves and their families. I have absolutely no quarrel with that.

Think about some of the negatives that are taking place because of the influx of illegals.

Many hospitals are forced to close because they can't afford to remain open without funds, partially because illegals are sucking them dry. They get medical care without insurance or paying a penny while hard-working legal citizens pick up the slack and pay for them.

Again, as for taxes paid by illegals? Name one. The ones I see working are being paid under the table. Just read your newspapers about all the overcrowded apartments where illegals live, supported by people who are also committing a crime by helping them come in for cash.

And I haven't even mentioned those who are unlicensed, unregistered and uninsured and driving all around town risking our lives and theirs. Many can't read English so how can be allowed to they drive?

Just let me end with this. I am from an immigrant family. I know the pain and suffering my relatives faced. I know how hard they worked all their lives to support my parents, their children.

I watched them send clothes, medicine and money to their homeland to help their less fortunate relatives survive. So I do understand. But again, they did it legally.

So contact your senators and congressmen if you wish and ask them to help those who want to help themselves. We understand their plight. We are sympathetic. But we also understand that we can't take care of everyone who knocks at our door, but those who immigrate legally deserve all the help we can provide.

Pat Shea

Marblehead

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.