Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wonderng if anyone could tell me what the salary is right now for a step 1 patrolman. Also what they can max out at, and what the overime and details are like now.

Also if someone could tell me what the process for permanent reserve process is. I just got a card in the mail and i am curious as to how that work as far as training and everything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
nobody knows anything about Methuen Police??
Methuen Police doesn't exist any more. Some rich guy from North Andover bought Methuen & fired them all. Maybe you should be asking about the New North North Andover Police.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your best bet is to call the station and talk to the recruiting officer. Why get cloudy answers when you can talk straight to the source?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey i was wonderng if anyone could tell me what the salary is right now for a step 1 patrolman. Also what they can max out at, and what the overime and details are like now.

Also if someone could tell me what the process for permanent reserve process is. I just got a card in the mail and i am curious as to how that work as far as training and everything.

Thanks in advance!
picky, picky, picky...either you want the opportunity to be a cop, or, you don't. So, why even take the test since these offers don't come along to just anybody any time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not being picky. It is just asking for some simple information. I understand that this opportunity doesnt come along to everyone and i am gratefull for it, but does that mean that i am not allowed to know what the benefits are before i go into it or should i just go in blind and hope for the best??

·
Subscribing Member
4,323 Posts
nless you're a disabled veteran, with minority status and son/daughter of a police/fire parent killed/injured in the line of duty
Or you can score well and get on.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
If I were a decision maker in a city like Boston, Lawrence, Lowell, Springfield etc. I know I would want the candidate with a 93 who is fluent in spanish over a candidate who doesn't know a lick of spanish who scored a 94.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If I were a decision maker in a city like Boston, Lawrence, Lowell, Springfield etc. I know I would want the candidate with a 93 who is fluent in spanish over a candidate who doesn't know a lick of spanish who scored a 94.
Agreed, however, heaven forbid people come to America and learn English.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You shouldn't be passed over for a job working for a municipality in the United States because you don't speak a language other than the national language.

·
In Tactical Mode....
2,851 Posts

Thanks in advance!
If you're going through the process, then ask someone there... I think that makes sense...doesn't it???? I highly doubt that from now to the time to start your first shift you don't talk to a single soul in the department. It's not uncommon to ask about benefits, etc. while going through the hiring process... You have the chance to work in Methuen, better grow some balls.

Because, the mere fact that someone is fluent in Spanish makes a better PO than someone who isn't...... Even the officer that doesn't speak a word of Spanish has handcuffs....you know, the Rosetta Stone of law enforcement...

If you can't put forth the effort to learn the language of the land, then apparently you're not worth my effort to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts