Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arial

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main site is going thru a makeover and I was wondering if the font I am using on the main site works on the message bord? It's Trebuchet MS

Trebuchet MS was designed by Vincent Connare in 1996, is a humanist sans serif designed for easy screen readability. Trebuchet takes its inspiration from the sans serifs of the 1930s which had large x heights and round features intended to promote readability on signs.

Your opinions please....

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think any of those options you're safe with. But for someone who has worked in the media and has had to make many presentations...the only font used in such presentations was ARIAL...But I think I like Trebuchet MS better.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Yeah... font is great and all... but Gil... why the hell would you know all that stuff about a FONT... just curious...

Did you notice that the time is wrong too Gil?
Never found the State Police Academy thread huh? Those wascally wabbits...

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pvt. Cowboy said:
Yeah... font is great and all... but Gil... why the hell would you know all that stuff about a FONT... just curious...

Did you notice that the time is wrong too Gil?
Never found the State Police Academy thread huh? Those wascally wabbits...
It's amazing what Google spits out when you enter the search term "Trebuchet MS". Did you actually think I was a font fanatic?

You can adjust the time in your "User CP" just change it to EST -5 with DST enabled.

No never did find any of the sub forums, sorry.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KozmoKramer said:
I find it very curious Gil, that your never around when Superman is… :thumbup:
I almost gave up the super hero business when ma bell did away with the enlosed phone booths...:blush:

·
Registered
456 Posts
And I've been told that Arial is supposedly the most easily read font for on-screen reading. That's what I use exclusively.

Here's a line repeated in each of the three fonts in the poll.

ARIAL - I find Arial much easier on the eyes than any of the other fonts.

Trebuchet MS - I find Arial much easier on the eyes than any of the other fonts.

Verdana - I find Arial much easier on the eyes than any of the other fonts.

Well, I'll have to admit that Verdana looks pretty decent also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts