Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

What do you think of the new MassCops Message Board

• Bring back the old UBB board and do it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your feedback on the new message board?

Registered
hmmmmm.
I think it's is going to take some time before I can vote on this one. It looks real cool and flashy, but the interface will take some getting used to. And where are all the good gremlins?

-Eric

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The old gremlins will be returning soon...as soon as I figure out where the hell they go in the directory structure.

The interface will take a little getting used to but I think it has more features than the old board.

Subscribing Member
I few small things. Avatar images? Moderators forum, and the time (is that something on you or is it on my end). It is off about 4 hrs. Also, I can not access members only section. Otherwise it looks good, but will take awhile to get adjusted to. 8)

Registered
Bart,

All times appear in GMT as a default - you can change it in your profile (Gil, i guess you can disregard that part of my message :wink: )

I for one have now adjusted sufficiently. The new features are cool and everything now feels new and exciting - ready to vote :p

WAY TO GIL!!!

-Eric

Retired Fed, Active Special
sapd324 said:
I like it!!
Scott :lol:
Scottie!
That's a wicked-cool, pissa patch. Mines a little better, but yours is pretty good too!
:lol:

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:?:

How come the ones that want UBB back aren't posting feedback? What features did you like in the old bb that are not yet implamented on the new one?

Out of the Loop
gbechtel said:
:?:

How come the ones that want UBB back aren't posting feedback? What features did you like in the old bb that are not yet implamented on the new one?
I-M-P-L-E-M-E-N-T-E-D, Gil... and after the new Spellcheck option and everything... tsk tsk! :?

I just want my old sign on name back and I miss the graemlins. I also liked how the old HOME page had a list of the most recent topics posted by what user.

Other than that, this new get up is great!

Registered
Nighthag said:
I just want my old sign on name back and I miss the graemlins. I also liked how the old HOME page had a list of the most recent topics posted by what user.
Dungie, I think you can change it in your profile... the option is there, I have not tried to change mine though.

-Mike

Registered
Cool. Maybe I'll be 'Gil' and see what happens! :mrgreen:

Speaking of the devil, hey chief, where is the 'Jump to new posts' link? I hate missing stuff, but I can never remember where I left off...

-Mike

Registered
It looks as though the new post indicators are now linked to the user as opposed to the machine - so if you view the board on multiple machines all the indicators will work (I haven't tried it yet though - can someone confirm). I kind of miss the light bulbs though :)

-Eric

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tomahawk said:
Ouch... I can't get into the secret squirrel area anymore, either. It worked yesterday! :(

-Mike
Yep I broke something in the sql database.....working on it.

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LeadDog17 said:
It looks as though the new post indicators are now linked to the user as opposed to the machine - so if you view the board on multiple machines all the indicators will work (I haven't tried it yet though - can someone confirm). I kind of miss the light bulbs though :)

-Eric
I think your right Eric.. There is always the calendar on the bottom of the main page. Just click on a date and it will display all the posts for that day.

Registered
LeadDog17 said:

-Eric
SWEEEET! Now I don't have to fight for the same computer each shift at work anymore! 8)

-Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.