Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

What do you think of the new MassCops Message Board

• Bring back the old UBB board and do it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your feedback on the new message board?

·
Registered
334 Posts
hmmmmm.
I think it's is going to take some time before I can vote on this one. It looks real cool and flashy, but the interface will take some getting used to. And where are all the good gremlins?

-Eric

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old gremlins will be returning soon...as soon as I figure out where the hell they go in the directory structure.

The interface will take a little getting used to but I think it has more features than the old board.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
I few small things. Avatar images? Moderators forum, and the time (is that something on you or is it on my end). It is off about 4 hrs. Also, I can not access members only section. Otherwise it looks good, but will take awhile to get adjusted to. 8)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Bart,

All times appear in GMT as a default - you can change it in your profile (Gil, i guess you can disregard that part of my message :wink: )

I for one have now adjusted sufficiently. The new features are cool and everything now feels new and exciting - ready to vote :p

WAY TO GIL!!!

-Eric

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
sapd324 said:
I like it!!
Scott :lol:
Scottie!
That's a wicked-cool, pissa patch. Mines a little better, but yours is pretty good too!
:lol:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:?:

How come the ones that want UBB back aren't posting feedback? What features did you like in the old bb that are not yet implamented on the new one?

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
gbechtel said:
:?:

How come the ones that want UBB back aren't posting feedback? What features did you like in the old bb that are not yet implamented on the new one?
I-M-P-L-E-M-E-N-T-E-D, Gil... and after the new Spellcheck option and everything... tsk tsk! :?

I just want my old sign on name back and I miss the graemlins. I also liked how the old HOME page had a list of the most recent topics posted by what user.

Other than that, this new get up is great!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nighthag said:
I just want my old sign on name back and I miss the graemlins. I also liked how the old HOME page had a list of the most recent topics posted by what user.
Dungie, I think you can change it in your profile... the option is there, I have not tried to change mine though.

-Mike

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cool. Maybe I'll be 'Gil' and see what happens! :mrgreen:

Speaking of the devil, hey chief, where is the 'Jump to new posts' link? I hate missing stuff, but I can never remember where I left off...

-Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
It looks as though the new post indicators are now linked to the user as opposed to the machine - so if you view the board on multiple machines all the indicators will work (I haven't tried it yet though - can someone confirm). I kind of miss the light bulbs though :)

-Eric

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tomahawk said:
Ouch... I can't get into the secret squirrel area anymore, either. It worked yesterday! :(

-Mike
Yep I broke something in the sql database.....working on it.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LeadDog17 said:
It looks as though the new post indicators are now linked to the user as opposed to the machine - so if you view the board on multiple machines all the indicators will work (I haven't tried it yet though - can someone confirm). I kind of miss the light bulbs though :)

-Eric
I think your right Eric.. There is always the calendar on the bottom of the main page. Just click on a date and it will display all the posts for that day.

·
Registered
561 Posts
LeadDog17 said:

-Eric
SWEEEET! Now I don't have to fight for the same computer each shift at work anymore! 8)

-Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.