Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Merrimack College Police

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Kilvinsky 
#1 ·
I got a letter about merrimack college hiring part time officers...can anyone let me know what the schedule would be like ie can you pick what days you want or do u just get what they give you...any info would be great.

Thanks

#9 ·
worked there from 05' to 07' They are still unarmed but in my opinion, it is a GREAT place to work, with great leadership and although they don't pay as much as some other departments, it is a good stepping stone and a resume builder. PM if you have any questions.

#11 ·
It helps keep threads alive. I often wonder what the end result was from some of these job postings. There's lots of activity and then.............crickets.

I NEED CLOSURE!:stomp:

#12 ·
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard the policy regarding Merrimack officer's use of firearms is miserable. A part time guy told me the policy states they can only remove their firearms from their holsters if a gun is pointed at THEM or they are being shot at already. Is this correct? I hope it is not because if it is, the administration obviously has no idea what they are doing.

#14 ·
Policy Shmolicy. If you're at risk, you do what you have to do. If they give you crap, you get a lawyer. I'm not advocating breaking rules, I'm advocating using common sense which can supercede a policy under the right circumstances.

#15 ·
Thats when common sense and training over ride "admin policy". I would be doing as trained, and nothing less. At the end of the day, all that matters is that I go home to my family. F that policy.:stomp:
I completely agree. Like I said, I hope this is not true. The officer also told me they are to stand by with an active shooter situation and wait for Andover and North Andover to arrive and enter the building. Makes no sense what so ever. The administration obviously has there head in the sand.

#16 ·
I completely agree. Like I said, I hope this is not true. The officer also told me they are to stand by with an active shooter situation and wait for Andover and North Andover to arrive and enter the building. Makes no sense what so ever. The administration obviously has there head in the sand.
Actually, if they arrive alone and go in, they're NUTS. WAIT for the cavalry before going in, otherwise you're going in and run a bigger risk of being killed yourself and giving Mr. Nutjob another gun. Go in with a team and you stand a better chance of taking down the nut and staying alive. Colleges often have out of their mind policies that make no sense, but I gotta side with the college on this one.

Assess the situation, get information as to how many there are, where he/them were last seen, kind of gun being used if anyone can tell you. Going in blind is stupid. Anyone who comes upon an active shooter (and no, I haven't as of yet and actually pray I never do) and CHARGES IN like Teddy Roosevelt on San Juan Hill is TOTALLY in the wrong and is less likely to save anyone. Are there circumstances that are different? Sure, we all know the situation in the mall, but as a rule wait for back-up.

One cop in=One cop dead.

^ I just made that up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.