[Merged Threads]Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective-Lieutenant, Police Squad | MassCops

[Merged Threads]Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective-Lieutenant, Police Squad

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Hush, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

End of Watch: November 28, 2010. Served honorably from 1982-1994, leaves behind wife, Jane.

[​IMG]

2. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Nielsen is dead?

3. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Leslie Nielsen of ’Naked Gun’ fame dies at age 84

LOS ANGELES — Leslie Nielsen, who traded in his dramatic persona for inspired bumbling as a hapless doctor in "Airplane!" and the accident-prone detective Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun" comedies, died on Sunday in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He was 84.

The Canadian-born actor died from complications from pneumonia at a hospital near his home at 5:34 p.m., surrounded by his wife, Barbaree, and friends, his agent John S. Kelly said in a statement.

Leslie Nielsen of ’Naked Gun’ fame dies at age 84 - BostonHerald.com

4. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

One of the comments in the Herald is the best as it is apropos: "Wherever you go Mr. Nielsen, I'm sure they'll speak jive." So true. I believe he is worthy of a police funeral. RIP Sir!

5. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paUDdGXTMNk"]YouTube - Dirty Harry VS Frank Drebin - thats my policy[/nomedia]

Mayor Barkley
    : Oh Drebin. I don't want any more trouble like you had last year on the southside. Understand? Thats my policy.

Frank Drebin: Yes, well. When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy.

Mayor Barkley: That was a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar, you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!

6. Hush

I didn't pick up on that reference until years after watching it for the first time.

7. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

RIP Leslie Nielsen You were a comedy great and will be missed!

8. jeepster

jeepster MassCops Member

[Lt. Frank Drebin and Ed Hocken are in a sex shop making inquiries]
    Lt. Frank Drebin: We're looking for Hector Savage. Where is he?
    Busty Female Shop Assistant: Why should I tell you, copper?
    Lt. Frank Drebin: Because I'm the last line of defense between sleaze like this and the decent people of this town.
    [a male shop assistant walks in from a back storeroom]
    Sex Shop Assistant: Oh, hi, Frank. Say, we finally got that model D83 Swedish sure-grip suck machine that you ordered.
    Lt. Frank Drebin: [to the Female Assistant; embarassed] It's a gift.

For more Frank Drebin quotes: Lt. Frank Drebin (Character) - Quotes

9. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

"We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then."

10. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

Just think; next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

I'm Lt. Frank Drebin! Police Squad! And don't ever let me catch you guys in America

11. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

[Frank Drebin is emptying out his files after being kicked off the force]
    Frank: Hey! The missing evidence in the Kelner case! My God, he really was innocent!
    Ed: He went to the chair two years ago, Frank.
    Frank: Well, uh...
    [Frank Drebin quickly shoves the evidence back into the file cabinet]

RIP Mr. Nielsen, you made me laugh my ass off in all the Naked Gun movies, Police Squad episodes and of course the Airplane movies as well.

12. RCPD33

RCPD33 Subscribing Member

RIP Leslie Nielsen, a.k.a. Lt. Frank Drebin!

13. Hush

If you haven't already seen them, you can find Police Squad DVDs from the original series when it was on TV. There are only like 6 episodes, but they are classic and worth a watch. A few of my favorites:

Frank: Protecting the Queen's safety is a task that is gladly accepted by Police Squad. No matter how silly the idea of having a queen might be to us, as Americans, we must be gracious and considerate hosts.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Det. Nordberg: Drugs... drugs...
    Frank: Nurse! Get this man some drugs! Can't you see he's in pain?
    [nurse administers drugs]
    Det. Nordberg: No... no...
    [pulls Frank towards him]
    Det. Nordberg: Heroin, Frank! Heroin...
    Frank: Uh... that's a pretty tall order, Nordberg. You'll have to give me a couple of days on that one.

14. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

I doubt there has ever been anyone in the history of film, who could deliver the most nonsensical dialogue so convincingly and meticulously precise.

Leslie Nielsen was one of a kind and I'm really sorry we lost such a great talent.
    Rest in Peace sir and thank you for all the laughs.

15. Wiggum_1

Wiggum_1 MassCops Member

I second that Kozmo.

Allthough he was hilarious in Police Squad, his deadpan acting as the Doctor in the Airplane films will always be my favorite.

16. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Leslie Nielsen dead at 84

Leslie Nielsen Dies

11/28/2010 5:58 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead at 84 | TMZ.com

17. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I have to agree with giving him a POLICE FUNERAL, not only was he Lt. Frank Drebbin, but he played Sgt. Buck Frobisher of the RCMP twice on "Due South".

His genius will be missed. Sure, he made a couple of stinkers, but he made more classic funny films than can ever really be appreicated-like "Forbidden Planet"!

RIP Mr. Nielsen, you came in serious, but you went out making us laugh like hell and you will be missed.

18. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member