Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never felt comfortable wishing anyone a HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY. So, I'll say this, I thank all those who died in the service of this nation, regardless of how big or small the conflict, if there was even a conflict at all. To those who gave their lives while serving in our Military, I owe a debt that can never truly be paid.

To those who made it back, whether or not you came back in-tact or not, I thank God you did.

So, in honor of those who did NOT make it back alive or did, but didn't last. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

To all those who did not serve (like myself), I can only wish you a Somber and Reflective Memorial Day.

·
Registered
313 Posts
As a veteran, while I certainly appreciate the sentiment, I always feel a bit uncomfortable when someone thanks me on Memorial Day. Today is to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, while Veteran’s Day is to thank those who served and are still here to appreciate it.

Again, nothing against those who thank veterans today, but I’d rather they keep in mind the real reason for this holiday.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
As a veteran, while I certainly appreciate the sentiment, I always feel a bit uncomfortable when someone thanks me on Memorial Day. Today is to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, while Veteran’s Day is to thank those who served and are still here to appreciate it.

Again, nothing against those who thank veterans today, but I’d rather they keep in mind the real reason for this holiday.
I 100% agree. I saw this picture a few years ago and it really stuck with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts