Medical Retention (Fed LEO) | MassCops

Medical Retention (Fed LEO)

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by kb1com, Jan 16, 2009.

1. kb1com

kb1com New Member

I'm trying to find out what the hearing standards are for a Federal LEO to be retained or hired. Does anyone know where I can find this??

• What is acceptable loss over time/age?
    • What "reasonable accomodations" must the (federal) employer allow and is amplification [read: hearing aid] acceptable for minor loss(es) and what ranges?
    • If it's for retention and hearing aids are acceptable, who pays?
    I'm sure this may be of interest to some of us "mature" LEO types since we can't escape this sort of thing and I'm sure that the standards vary from State or Local Agencies but nonetheless, I'd like to know. Any word would be appreciated.
    :confused:

2. CTO

CTO MassCops Member

Each federal agency has it's own medical standards and review process

3. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

Huh? What? Can't hear ya boy!

4. kb1com

kb1com New Member

OK, let me narrow this down. Anyone know what the standards for Dept. of Army are?

5. MPD703

MPD703 Subscribing Member

First it will depend on the position. Many times the standards for uniform and invesitgator positions are different. BEst would be to request the packet from the installation HR dept. They will have the exact standards.

6. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

I'm trying to find out what the hearing standards are for a Federal LEO to be retained or hired. Does anyone know where I can find this??

• <LI itxtvisited="1">What is acceptable loss over time/age? <LI itxtvisited="1">What "reasonable accomodations" must the (federal) employer allow and is amplification [read: hearing aid] acceptable for minor loss(es) and what ranges?
    • If it's for retention and hearing aids are acceptable, who pays?
    1. How were you be hired without passing/knowing the medical standards of your agency?
    2. Reasonable accomodations are for documented disabilities. Are you disabled? Are you still passing your military hearing exams chief? You must be able to perform the essential tasks of your job title as defined by your agency. That versus reasonable accomodations is the story.

Good luck you deaf old haddock!