MECTA Massachusetts Emergency Care Training Ag/Academy - MECTA, Inc. | MassCops

MECTA Massachusetts Emergency Care Training Ag/Academy - MECTA, Inc.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Gil, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

Anybody ever deal with Massachusetts Emergency Care Training Ag/Academy - MECTA, Inc. for EMT refresher re-certs?

Having a little issue with them now, paid them $75.00 for the EMT Refresher class and $2.50 for handling via PayPal and nothing has been received from this company other than electronic transactions.

They gave Jaycee miss information on when they were going to have their labs and now she can't attend because of other classes they refused a refund.

First off no application was ever sent in and second all she did was send them her quiz scores from a website where the quizzes are free.. Nothing else has been done, just seems like a scam... 75 bucks for reading a few emails, still don't know what the $2.50 handling charge was for...

2. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

Never used them, but for CON-EDs I have always liked MEDICED.com
    It was reasonable $25 a year and just do it at the end of your cert and the beginning of your next and your good for a few years. Plus it is all on-line

3. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

I use Mediced.com also and highly recommend it though I am not sure if you can re-take the classes after its been a few years as they don't have a ton of classes still (even though its been about 5 years since I joined)

4. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

Well that's good for ease of the system though I do enjoy learning about new material. There is only so many times I can read about TIA's....

5. GuyS

GuyS MassCops Member

Did anyone ever see the staff pictures on their website? There's one guy who looks like the living ham.