Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever deal with Massachusetts Emergency Care Training Ag/Academy - MECTA, Inc. for EMT refresher re-certs?

Having a little issue with them now, paid them $75.00 for the EMT Refresher class and $2.50 for handling via PayPal and nothing has been received from this company other than electronic transactions.

They gave Jaycee miss information on when they were going to have their labs and now she can't attend because of other classes they refused a refund.

If you read the application it clearly states that there are no refunds. It is not the responsibility of the provider to schedule classes for
individuals on a call basis. Our responsibility is to provide you with
options, which we have documentation proving that we upheld our
responsibility. We offered you several dates of which you cannot attend. You completed a portion of our course and required us to do administration on our end of which, in all fairness, someone should be paid for.
First off no application was ever sent in and second all she did was send them her quiz scores from a website where the quizzes are free.. Nothing else has been done, just seems like a scam... 75 bucks for reading a few emails, still don't know what the $2.50 handling charge was for...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Never used them, but for CON-EDs I have always liked MEDICED.com
It was reasonable $25 a year and just do it at the end of your cert and the beginning of your next and your good for a few years. Plus it is all on-line

·
1,952 Posts
I use Mediced.com also and highly recommend it though I am not sure if you can re-take the classes after its been a few years as they don't have a ton of classes still (even though its been about 5 years since I joined)

·
1,952 Posts
i actually just did the classes back in august for Mediced.com there is another thread out there that someone said after dec 31st and the con ed hrs go toward your emt recert, you can in fact retake the courses you previously took for credit.

i also highly recommend mediced.com. definiately NOT MECTA!!
Well that's good for ease of the system though I do enjoy learning about new material. There is only so many times I can read about TIA's....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts