Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Hey, now that we brought up MDC trucks, I was wondering. Why do MDC park ranger trucks have red lights on them? I don't really know much about them, cuz we don't really have anything MDC out here. Every night during the summer, a truck marked "Park Ranger" comes out to the Nahant Beach to close and lock the gate. This is an MDC beach, part of the MDC owned Lynnway, so I'm almost definite these are MDC trucks. What would be the reasoning these guys have red lights on their vehicles? Not Police, not fire, not corrections, not disaster vehicle...can't think of any other justification, other than the banana light don't look cool? I could be completely wrong too, as I don't know anything about these guys either.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
The only Real Par Rangers are the Boston Park Rangers. Great Department and good stepping stone for people wanting to get into Police work

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
ecpd402 said:
The only Real Par Rangers are the Boston Park Rangers. Great Department and good stepping stone for people wanting to get into Police work
:L: :L: :L: :L: :L: :L: :L: :wl:

Ahhh.............
Tim care to comment?

G

·
Dmack,

You do good work,keep it up. I checked out the sight with the other vehicles you've done and all I have to say is Nice Job.

As far as the MDC, they also have blue lens's on the back of there light bar. I worked there back in 96 and I asked that question and never really got an answer, All I could conclude was that at that time when I was there I think it had something to do with the fact that one of the higher up was a severe fire buff. I do remember Balfour having blues and a siren hook up on his MDC owned Tahoe. There were also a few otherhigher up that had the sametype of hook up. I remember Balfour having a Navy blue crusier all hooked up as well.

I thought good ol Romney was going to take care of that stuff, but I guess not.From what I hear now that Balfour is gone he is on the Ballot for Mayor of Melrose and Romeny is supporting him, I dont know I dont understand these motives of some politians, most of them make no sense to me. Well I'm getting :eek:t: so I end it here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.