Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reviews on two piece MDC's like the Data911, Panasonic PRDC and Datalux Tracer. Looking into replacing current laptops with these computers in cruisers.

Anyone with any information, reviews, war stories and suggestions, or just nows of an agency using them, please PM me.

Thank you in advance.

·
1,952 Posts
I like the Datalux because the screen/keyboard is movable. The Data 911 the keyboard was on the floorboards between the seat which isn't convenient at all. My opinion only, both were great though because of the touch screens.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
We have both Data911's and Toughbook PDRC's and they have both worked out quite well.

The Data 911 the keyboard was on the floorboards between the seat which isn't convenient at all.
They make several different mounts for the keyboard.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Panasonic toughbook with a touch screen...No complaints and I like it much better than the old data 911 keyboard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We use toughbooks now, but our cars went from CVPI's to Chargers. Ergononmically speaking, the Toughbooks are a hassle. Too big and there are simply no good mounting solutions in the tighter charger. Center mount blocks the shift know and side mounted to the console ends up with a laptop on the passenger floor. Too heavy, tears out the bracket. A post mounts works ok, but none available put the computer close enough to the dash.

So, any IT and or fleet guys with opinions or suggestions please let me know. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts