McChrystal Ordered to D.C. Over White House Criticism | Page 2 | MassCops

McChrystal Ordered to D.C. Over White House Criticism

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 22, 2010.

1. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

As some have said, clearly Gen McChrystal knew what the outcome would be. He wanted a way out of this shit storm and found away. By the way where is the ACLU and the left wing media assholes protecting his "freedom of speech"? Military general or not, you can be sure that if this was the Bush admin the comments were made about the shitbags like Chris Matthews and assholes at CNN would be singing a much different tune. So what the guy said a few critical things to the drug addict read publication Rolling "Papers" Stone magazine. Too bad King Barrack.

I recall reading about a few guys named Washington, Adams, and Jefferson who spoke out against their king and it worked out pretty well for them. It's only a matter of time before it comes to revolution. People need to wake the fuck up and see what this asshole is doing to the country. He's making Jimmy Carter look like Ronald Reagan.

2. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Sorry, but the General is clearly in violation of Article 88 of the UCMJ.

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

You have NO freedom of speech as an Officer in the military.

3. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Even though he was in the wrong (technically), it was refreshing as hell!

4. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

think the good General's comments speak volumes about the man.

it's obvious he feels passionately about the men under his command and was driven mad by an incompetent, treasonous buffoon sitting in the white house.

let's hope McChrystal's sacrificing his career will shed light on osama and his ship of fools

5. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I've read the Rolling Stone article and for the most part, the author Hastings (lefty lib) quotes unnamed "sources" close to the General. As far as I'm concerned, McChrystal might as well said them himself because it does speak volumes of how things are going in Asscrackistan.

Whether he likes it or not, this is Obama's war now. He can't point fingers at GW Bush anymore. He campaigned saying that that Asscrackistan is the right war (not Iraq) and he would it end successfully and with dignity. Then a General who was charged with executing that (unwinable) mission punks out the president in the media (twice) and he gets sacked for it.

Romney/McChrystal 2012?

6. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Nobody here is arguing that what the UCMJ says, it's pretty cut and dry as you so aptly pointed out.

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Romney/McChrystal 2012?

sounds good !

osama is trying to turn this country into a banana republic, why not a military coup ? :shades_smile:

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

It doesn't have to be a military one if the people would grow some balls
    and impeach him,but a military one would be quicker and we would not
    have to put up with Biden and the chain of command under him to take
    Obamas place.

Relief greets Obama pick for new war commander (AP)

AP - America's Afghan and international allies embraced the choice of
    Gen. David Petraeus to run the war in Afghanistan, hoping the architect
    of the Iraq surge will seamlessly pursue the strategy laid down by his
    predecessor and smooth over divisions that led to his dismissal.

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Odrama just bit off his nose to spite his face.

This was clearly a bold move orchestrated by the general and his men. Choosing sides is easy because we all know you would never find oDrama hunkered down next to you in a hot spot. Either way they write it, it's a +1 for the good guys on exposing this cowardly POTUS as a fraud.
    Be it a book or a political bid, i'm in full support of the good General.

10. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

While I stick by my opinion as I wrote above, one of my Army buddies writing on Facebook had a conflicting opinion that I thought raised a good point (don't mind the grammar):

After all, there's a reason the Chiefs of Staff don't appaud policy proposals during presidential speeches to joint sessions of Congress.

11. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

He sounds bitter to me, but lets face it everyone who has served knows 4 star generals that report directly to the president play by different rules. It's the cold hard truth. Yeah as a Sgt in the Marines I would have been a private by the time they were done but I didn't serve 34 years nor did I server as the director of the joint staff, or have I served 10 years as a General.

Yeah he can speak his mind, the worst thing that could happen is what did happen. Obie I respect the hell out of you and if your Army friend is a friend of yours he's probably a good dude, but he's all wound up for nothing.

12. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

The main point I was trying to take from what he said was the part you reiterated about playing by different rules. I thought that, while I don't find it convincing enough to change my take, it probably warrants discussion. I don't know that we should just accept double standards as the way things are with out delving deeper into the issue at hand.

Nonetheless, I posted the whole thing to be true to the words he wrote; far be it from me to chop up a close friends' quote or accidentally take things out of context--though it was part of a larger feed comment thread. FWIW, he was a buck sergeant in my squad and medically discharged after being seriously wounded by an IED; he is one of the most laid back guys you'd ever meet. I was actually pretty surprised that his opinion wasn't more like the ones that are prevailing here.

13. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Obes, The prevailing view may be heavily influenced by our reality. We all understand what it's like to see a good Sgt. forced to carry out the orders of a Chief who can't even remember what it's like to be on the street. The good Sgt. would never say much but you see it in his eyes.

Odrama has striped this General of everything he loves, held him out in front of his men, and forced him to present it to his men as if they were his own. He gave until he couldn't give anymore and finally let the word out.

14. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Never confuse RANK, with AUTHORITY.

Obama didn't inherit this war...
    He applied for it.

15. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Stanley McChrystal Tells Army He'll Retire

[​IMG]
    US commander in Afghanistan Gen. Stanley McChrystal arrives at the White House in Washington,DC on June 23, 2010.
    Nicholas Kamm / AFP/Getty Images

Gen. Stanley McChrystal[​IMG], who was fired last week as the top U.S. general in the stalemated Afghanistan war, has told the Army that he will retire.

Army spokesman Col. Tom Collins said McChrystal notified the service of his plans on Monday, but he has not yet submitted formal retirement papers. It is not clear when he will leave the service, but the process usually take a few months.

President Barack Obama has praised McChrystal's long Army career but says his intemperate remarks in a magazine article that appeared last week could not be abided.

Cashiered General Stanley McChrystal Tells Army He'll Retire - wbztv.com

16. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Good, now expect a book in the next year detailing what a complete clusterfuck Obama and Co. are.

17. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

This was a simple case of a man making comments when he HAD ALL THE FACTS as opposed to a 'man' who DIDN'T have all the facts and made a comment, thus acting stupidly.

General, you have made all REAL Americans proud. Maybe it WAS out of line, but it took a lot more than a few negative comments for Truman to fire McArthur.

Ah, Harry Truman, proof that there really WERE good Democrats once!