Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the T Academy accepts self sponsors, and if they do are there usually slots open or should I just look towards Lowell?

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
You can self sponsor still if you are appointed by a agency. I know at least 4 self sponsors in current academies, you cant go if your daddy is the chief's buddy and sends you as a favor like before, you must be employed PT or FT by a P.D.

·
Subscribing Member
3,238 Posts
Come to Florida, self sponsor yourself thru the academy, then go back to Mass and get a waiver for their academy!!! And this would be acceptable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In response today: Come to Florida, self sponsor yourself thru the academy, then go back to Mass and get a waiver for their academy!!! And this would be acceptable.

I don't think Massachusetts accepts academies from other states, but many states accept Mass academies.

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
MA does accept out of state academies provided they are comparable in hours and subject areas covered. You have to apply for a waiver and pass a criminal law exam.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Right you are chief. However, the appointing authority must make the request for the exemption. Otherwise, it's back to school again! :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts