Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MBTA web site was not very helpful. I thought they just had an academy (or it's on-going). Does anyone have information on how many they hire at a time? When they may hire? If your in the top 100 is there a chance? Spoke to legal in HRD the other day about some issues, and they stated there are a lot of people on the layoff list. Not too much chance of getting hired anyway in my "residency" town since they will probably end up in receivership! Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
147 Posts
MBTA does have and on going academy right know they hired 28 peple plus the various other agencies that have recruits in there academy . The 7 laid off Springfield officers had to go through a mini- academy 2 weeks I think to refresh on some laws Juv. Railroad etc Their was an article back in late Aug about the class in the Herald I think someone posted the article somwhere here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was talking with a T-Cop at court yesturday. He said that the Springfield lay-offs were getting ready to bail on the T and get re-hired in Springfield. Nice, huh! They took 7 jobs from us that wanted them.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I heard an unconfirmed rumor (as always) from a resource of unknown reliability that the T is going to be hiring "like 50" people in the beginning of next year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Officer Dunngeon said:
I heard an unconfirmed rumor (as always) from a resource of unknown reliability that the T is going to be hiring "like 50" people in the beginning of next year.
Its not a rumor!

G

·
Well I guess the first 50 guys in desert camo that step off the plane at Logan will be stepping into those jobs. Unless you had some sand in your ears recently, I don't think you'll be riding the train any time soon. ](*,)

·
Seekonk Detective
41 Posts
They have an academy going now with a number of agencies as well as 13 of their own. they will be running another academy after graduation in jan. Unless your a vet forget it..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.