Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Hey SMD, why didnt you just go active duty if you wanted to be a policeman that bad, and MAcop, why didnt you just enlist? I do agree with you however, that what constitutes an actual "veteran" needs to be reformed. I would suggest 2 years minimum of consecutive active service instead of the 180 days (with an exception for those injured of cousre). I for one served 4 plus years on active duty inluding an overseas deployment and I dont like seeing people that just do the 180 days getting the same benefits that I do.

· Registered
207 Posts
SMD, dont be jealous, you had your oppurtunity and you blew it. Like Proud American said, you cant choose race or gender, but you can choose to become a vet. If you want to get on a department that much, either go active, get your paramedic lisence, or start learning a second language. Thats how the game is played here in Massachusetts, if you dont like it write your local congressman.

· Registered
207 Posts
SMD- A paramedic's training is much higher than an emt's, but the course is a lot longer and much more expensive, EMT's do receive a preference with civil circus as well if you want to get your foot in the door. As for your second language being Hebrew, I am sure any department would like to have a bilinguial qualified candidate reguardless of what the language is. However, Departments usually only hire those with a foreign language based on the needs of the non-English speaking foreigners in the community.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.