Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Also, you telling me that a none-vet scoring 100%, thus proving that he/she posses the skills they were just tested for should be ranked below a vet who scores a 70% - who obviously does not have the the skills tested...makes no sense to me.

WHAT HAS THAT NON-VET DONE FOR THIS COUNTRY? YOUR DAM RIGHT WE SHOULD GET PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT. DID THEY SCARFICE WHAT WE HAVE? I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT....

I BET IF YOU SERVED ACTIVE DUTY OR ON THE FRONTLINES, YOU WOULDN'T BE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

· Registered
36 Posts
As far as being a vet only if you hold a campaign ribbon thats what the US Government uses to consiter there vets, without it you dont get vets preferance.

www.USAJOBS.com. (That's from the Governments jobs posting webpage)
A person eligible for veterans' preference or person separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous military service

Now I agree with that and DVET1979. Mass should drop a year on that (2 years total active duty)for Vet Preference. It would also give Reservist that end up getting called to active duty a chance to get active duty benefits from the government as well.Which i believe they do.I.E Vet Preference, Active Duty MG BILL.

· Registered
36 Posts
Well put....

Sucks that you have to do one of those three things, but it's well worth it if you want to get on a department in Mass that bad... (I'm glad I went active, and not just for that reason)

What a great line, I miss hearing it:
Thats how the game is played here in Massachusetts, if you dont like it write your local congressman. =D

· Registered
36 Posts
DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT...:L:

FINALLY SOMEONE BROKE IT DOWN BARNEY STYLE FOR YOU SMD.....

DO YOU FINALLY AGREE THAT WE DESERVE ALITTLE BIT MORE THAN 2-5 POINTS.
DOESN'T MATTER IF WE GET A 85 AND A NON-VET GETS A 95. YOU CAN'T REPLACE EXPERIENCE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.