Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
smd6169 said:
I just want to make clear that my intention is not to offend any veterans. I too served but in the reserves, for 8 years. However, I do think it's unfair for a 3 year full-time soldier(who for example did not get deployed) to get preferential treatment while someone who served for 8 years in the gurds or reserves does not, especially when both served honorably and [these days] faced the same deployment risks.
faced the same deployment risks??? risks?? and what does risk entail, you must share the same everything not just the actual risk of being deployed, if that were the case then men that are registered with the selective service also share a risk?!?!? i also am proud of my veteran status and think that congress should enact a clause stating that in order to be an actual veteran you must either have a campaign, or combat action ribbon, however would never shoot down somebody who served, reserve or otherwise you are correct in that , that is honerable, but it is two totally different types of service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.