MBTA Academy | MassCops

MBTA Academy

Discussion in 'Academy Information' started by BSP1, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BSP1

BSP1 New Member

How hard is the MBTA Police Academy

2. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

In what regard? Discipline=Hard, PT=Hard, Academics=Average. If you are prepared, you can get through any academy.

3. sempergumby

sempergumby Subscribing Member

It's not....................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH..............Thats just for u Ken

4. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

If you're young and dumb, go to T!
    If you're old and smart, go to Plymouth!
    :t:

5. h174

h174 MassCops Member

The T must be doing something right when some local pd's who have an academy in their own town send their officers to the T

6. Simon

Simon Guest

What diff does it make to them 174 ????? Basic knowledge is basic knowledge. All important stuff is learned after the academy. All the chiefs want is numbers......

My academy bragged about self discipline but once the DI turned his back at dismissal every afternoon, people did whatever the fuck they wanted........ Square corners in the hallways going to the head???????? PFfffff. Only if the DIs were in the hall.

7. Inspector71

Inspector71 Duke of Campus Police

You guys ain't nothing if you didn't go to PoliceCorps @ Weymouth. Even the Weymouth Academy bowed back then!
    :p

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Departments send people to whatever academy has open seats. The certification is the same at the end, and everything valuable will be learned during field training anyway.

9. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Who gives a shit how hard or easy the academy is, the paper is the same in the end, your smart if you can get in!

10. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Not all the instructors were "doing it". What's really important is the fact that Police Corps main theme was integrity above all else. Oh my goodness!?:sh:

11. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

That depends on who your FTO is. If you get a good one than I agree.

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You should have, at minimum, four FTO's during field training. If none of the four know what they're doing, then you're working for one screwed-up department.

13. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

How does your FTO system work?

Is there some type of process behind it?

We have guys/gals thrown to the wolves their first week on the job. Since they are part of minimum manning this happens often.

14. JaneDoe

JaneDoe New Member

anyone know if the start date is still tentatively march 10th ?

15. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

"Should," is the operative word. Our FTO program doesn't rotate FTO's or shifts. I was lucky enough to have a solid FTO.

16. COto50

COto50 MassCops Member

Macrh 10th and the class is full.

my bad....website says march 3rd

17. devilcop76

devilcop76 New Member

March 3rd.......anyone on here starting that day? If so, be ready for it.:fire: