Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

POSTED: 10:22 am EST November 4, 2005

RENO, Nev. -- Off with their thumbs!

That's the suggestion of Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman.

He said graffiti artists caught defacing freeways should get their thumbs cut off -- on TV no less.

Goodman, appearing on the "Nevada Newsmakers" television show in Reno, said efforts are made to have beautiful highway landscaping, including paintings, and "These punks come along and deface it. I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb."

Goodman also told the TV show that whippings or canings should be brought back for kids who get into trouble.

Goodman said he's dead serious about his crime-fighting suggestions. But he added there should be a trial before any whippings or thumb-choppings.

Goodman said society has to do something about repeat troublemakers who just don't learn.

Another panelist, a Nevada State University system regent, responded by saying that cutting off the thumbs of taggers won't solve the problem and that Goodman should "Use his head for something other than a hat rack."

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
In a way I like the idea but I agree just hurting thumbs and whiping won't solve the problem. If you just cut thier thumbs off they still have their other fingers. What you need to do is break their hands so they can't use any fingers. :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I think the chopping off of thumbs is a little cruel, and definately unusual. Now, Skinamax, uh, Cinemax, would make a small fortune selling videos of the whippings of prostitutes and the like.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Finally, a politician I can identify with... :twisted:
Stocks, canings, and the rack. Now THOSE were the days....

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
look at countries like saudi arabia they chop off arms of thieves

i was told if they slept with their back door open they have no worries
about thieves coming in.. bit harsh i know but it works lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.