Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of defering law school and getting my Masters in CJ first. Anyone have any inputs on decent programs looking south of Boston. Only things that come to mind are Bridgewater State and Anna Maria, and Curry. Any input on these or other programs would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
I work at and attend the Curry CJ Master's program. The program is pretty decent with good instructors etc. There are alot of muni cops and staties that are in the program. The class times are pretty flexible and are mostly offered at night. The semesters are pretty short and if you want to do it you can wrap up your degree in a little over a year. As they say: " In a hurry....go to Curry". Any more questions, pm me.

Also, Curry just got accreditation for the Quinn Bill. Look to see what other schools have this because if you are on the job or looking to get on like me, I think the bill is only applied to certain schools.

·
MassCops Member
46 Posts
I went to Northeastern University for my Master's Degree (I know it isn't exactly south of boston). That program is tailored for criminal justice professionals interested in academia. I learned this the hard way. If you only want the degree for the Quinn Bill, DO NOT attend NU!!!! Only one or two of my classmates actually wanted to be cops, the rest were interested in getting a PhD or doing research. The only thing I can say positive about the NU CJ Masters program was that it was certainly challenging. I worked my butt off there. If you want to work hard and get a degree with the NU name on it, then give it a shot. If not, then stay far, far, far away.

·
Registered
316 Posts
UMass Lowell's CJ Masters program can be done completely on line if you don't mind not having the classroom interactions. I took a class on line and had people from Georgia and Florida that were in my "class." Great teachers too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.