Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

WMTW Image

SALEM TOWNSHIP, Maine -- A massive search in under way in Salem Township in central Franklin County for a missing 8-year-old girl.

Maine State Wardens said Leah Cuetara, 8, hasn't been seen since about 9:30 a.m. Saturday when she was playing with a group of children behind her grandparents' house on Fish Hatchery Road in Salem. Lt. Pat Dorian of the Warden's Service said she may have wandered onto some of the trails behind the home.

Cuetara is 4 feet 9 inches tall with blonde hair, green eyes and wears wire-rimmed glasses. She was last seen wearing a pink and beige tank-top with cat print, grey sweatshirt and blue jeans.

Dorian said the search will continue through the night. A Warden Service aircraft was used until dark, and now 17 wardens and about 65 volunteers, as well as dogs, are searching. A command post has been established at Mt. Abram High School. Dorian said if Cuetara isn't found overnight Saturday into Sunday, they will be asking for more volunteers.

If you have any information, please call Maine State Police at 800-452-4664.

http://www.wmtw.com/news/17349214/detail.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Missing Girl Found In Maine Woods

Girl Last Seen Saturday Morning

SALEM TOWNSHIP, Maine -- Searchers have found an 8-year-old girl who was missing after wandering into a rugged region of western Maine.

State Warden Service spokeswoman Deb Turcotte says Leah Cuetara, who had been missing since Saturday morning, was found at about 1:50 p.m. Sunday. She was lost in the woods of Salem Township in Franklin County.
An aircraft, ATVs and dogs along with dozens of volunteers joined the search. Wardens say Leah may have wandered away from a family reunion. A command post was set up at Mount Abram High School.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17353091/detail.html

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I dont understand why someone hasnt invented a gps type micro chip that parents can have implanted into there children..think about how many kids lives that would save..it cant be that far off with technology, I thought they had them for pets.

G

·
The military has them in the necks of ALL working dogs and probably some SPECOPS soldiers (D Boys)....... I am sure it cant be THAT expensive to have done.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Well how can we not have this available in this day and age, Im sure they could make it small enough to place under the skin and activate incase of the child being abducted or even lost, I cant imagine any parent not spending a few thousand bucks on one of these, look at all the useless crap people spend money on now, and if you ever needed it can you imagine how thankful you would be...unless of course the kid was a brat.

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
What a great outcome. Good job all involved

1 - 8 of 8 Posts