MassCops is Racist! | MassCops

MassCops is Racist!

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Gil, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

Here we go again...

Here is an email that I received today as well as my response. The cartoon they are referring to is currently on the main page of MassCops https://www.masscops.com/

While I will not change the front page based on the opinion of one I will do so if a majority of the members of the board share the complainants views.

Here is the email
    ===========
    email: [email protected]

As someone just perusing your website today (7/15/05) I was taken aback and extremely offended by the crude cartoon on the front page. I feel it is insensitive and borderline racist. To portray the African-American officer as using slang, "Happenin'" is outlandish and a horrible reflection of police officers in the state of Massachussetts, for most of whom I have the utmost respect and admiration. For a police organization to have such a crude cartoon on its website is unacceptable and if this cartoon is not removed immediately, I will be contacting the MA chapter of the ACLU to file a formal complaint. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

D. DeRiso
    B1: Email
    ===========

My Response
    ===========

To Whom It May Concern:

The cartoon strip you are referring to is remotely hosted and updated automatically each week. I do not design the content of the strip. While I may not find all of the strips humorous, I do not agree with your opinion that the strip currently being shown on my personal website is "insensitive and borderline racist."

MassCops - The Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network is not an organization it is a personal website. As stated in the disclaimer on the bottom of the website "MassCops (masscops.com) and (masscop.com) are privately owned websites/domains and are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Massachusetts Coalition of Police (masscop.org) or any other law enforcement association or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."

I apologize that you are offended by the current cartoon strip but your demand for it's immediate removal has been denied. It will change automatically on Sunday as it does every week. I am not going to redesign or edit html files because the site's content has offended one person.

Respectfully,
    Gil Bechtel

Gil Bechtel
    MassCops Admin
    [email protected]

MassCops - Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network https://www.masscops.com

Providing an informational network for Massachusetts law enforcement since 1998.

MassCops (masscops.com) is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Massachusetts Coalition of Police (masscop.org) or any other law enforcement association or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

2. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Good reply Gil.

I've grown exceedingly tired of the PC, sensitive left, dictating to the world.
    And popular usage of Racist, when they really mean bigoted or prejudiced is irritating and nauseating.

It’s a simple joke, it wasn't crude, vulgar, abusive, or insulting and it should be viewed as such.

3. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

To f*cking bad would have been a good response, but I guess yours will do :lol:

4. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Kill Whitey....:L::L::L:

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Gil, forget what the liberals over at northeastern have to say... they're constantly bashing cops and any raises they receive. I can't believe they still have a CJ program with all the leftist attitudes... the cartoon is fine... if someone has a problem with it, they can go pound sand. Just like you wrote, this is a privately owned website, there's nothing that they can do.

I personally like PBC FL Cop's response the best though...

6. kttref

kttref New Member

This brings me back to the point: I hate people.

7. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

I thought about that one.... :lol: I also wanted to ask them if this was an attempt to secure funding for a study on racist websites. :roll:

8. Bravo2-7

Bravo2-7 New Member

Gil, good answer. Hell if the guy finds it that offensive, the author of the cartoon has his own site, let him go complain there.

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I am writing to you because I am a ninja... and the terrorist depicted in the artwork on your main page is offensive to my ninja clan because ninja's aren't terrorists... and that clearly looks like a ninja to me... so I'm gonna tell on you... and then throw shurikens at you...

I'm at work and bored...

10. Buford T

Buford T MassCops Member

Maybe a form should be created for every avatar and cartoon that would allow the author to describe the race, sex, address and other useful information so that Northeastern U. can clog the criminal justice system with more useless paperwork....Good work Dr. Fox

As for the cartoon, lighten up, liberal wackos. :2c:

11. Crvtte65

Crvtte65 Moderator

WORST PROFESSOR EVER! Total blow hard that is a sexist arrogant asshole and thinks he is never wrong. In a criminal violence (serial killers, school shootings etc etc) he gave an entire 1.5 hr lecture on spelling and grammar (affect vs. effect etc) was a slide. Everyone I know that has taken a class with him has the same opinion, if not worse.

Also, I am disgusted that I go to school with that kid...

12. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Gil,

I invite this aggrieved person to come to Massasoit (Higher Ed Institution) where he might feel comfortable discussing his view with a former state human rights coordinator. I feel I might be able to help him be a more objective adult learner and not be so easily offended by such things.
    :wink:
    Or he could just continue to be critical and subjective in his views and threats
    :roll:

See, that's the nice thing about living in America......It's about choices!
    :D

13. Opie

Opie New Member

Everyday I get more and more disappointed with my Alma Mata. First it was the M series Citations, then these MA Traffic Stop Data Forms, now this!!! :evil:

14. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

Interesting, I use the terms Mo'Fo', cracker, biotch, and ho bag very often and I'm white (and Native American Indian too). I must be a damn disgrace.
    :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

15. 2-Delta

2-Delta New Member

Go cry for attention somewhere else you tool. Newsflash: It's 2005, time to get your shit together, and stop playing "the world is after me" bit. It's getting extremely old. :flipoff:

16. drknyt

drknyt New Member

In life we all must be able to laugh at ourselves. It would be one thing if this was a cite that promoted things of that nature, but given our line of work we need to stick together and have a laugh now and then. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

17. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Gill,
    Good thing you didnt have the cartoon eating a banana or you would have Mel Sharpton marching every Sunday on your department!

18. ShakeEmDOwn016

ShakeEmDOwn016 New Member

Ya know, I am working towards my Master's Degree in CJ.... and I have the same liberal, know it all, puke professional students in my classes. These are the students that tell me how to do my job, due to reseach, studies and stats that they have read in a friggin text book. The sad part is that these same dolts may be my coworkers some day and that is truly scary. :up_yours:

Anyone else have this problem?

19. Dr.Magoo

Dr.Magoo Subscribing Member

I graduated from NU many years ago. I was in the CJ college for two years and had to stop the day college because I'm not rich and had to work FT to go to school. I then went to the night school. The day college was filled with a bunch of pompous know it alls (both professors and students) who hate police officers. The night school instructors were working people in the field who knew the real deal. I learned more from them than any of those pompous, defense lawyer loving .....oh never mind! :BM:

20. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

I can just see that complaint:

Caller: "Hi ACLU, I worked on the Northeastern Racial Profiling Study"
    ACLU: OH! Yes, how can I help you :D
    Caller: "I saw a cartoon that offended me and I want to report it. It was racist and I know so because I go to Northeastern and thats what the liberal left tought me"
    ACLU: "We'll stop working on the legitimate civil rights violations and get right on that, thanks for your call."

That email was absolute BS! I would be more offended by the content of the evening news, primetime TV, and what is in the newspaper on a daily basis. Hope that bozo never gets on the job. Ever heard the term "choose your battles", it's a four frame cartoon!!! I am guessing they have never watched the Simpsons... or maybe got the same response from FOX too. There is a good solution, call the ACLU and every support group out there to whine, cry, and try to create controversy...some f'n people :BM:

21. Buford T

Buford T MassCops Member

Check out the latest installment of the cartoon on the homepage....N.O.W. on the line, please take a number..... :-({|=

22. GD

GD MassCops Member

I graduated from NU and like other alumni are disgusted over this morons over sensitivity towards this cartoon. I would hope there is such a thing as having a sense of humor!!!!

23. USMCTrooper

USMCTrooper Grim reaper

Webmaster
    Masscops.com

DeAr sIr:

oN BeHalF oF aLL tHe Sus ScRofa aKa: SUs dOmEsTicUs in aMeRicA We aRe AnGeReD aT YooR uSe oF uS As a CaRtuNe. iT iS aN oFeNce tO uS. pLeAse sToP tHis. i aM mAkInG a sTiNk tO tHe "aNiMal cOaLiTiON LiMiTiNg uNFaReNeSs

YooRs,

AlBeRt P. SwInE
    pReSiDenT
    toWt "tHe OtHeR wHiTe mEaT"
    lOcAl 350

24. JoninNH

JoninNH New Member

:lol: :L: :lol: :L: :lol: :L: :lol: :L: :lol: :L:

25. Policelimit

Policelimit New Member

Not crude or vulgar or abusive? Damnit I'm trying as hard as I can! I used the B word a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if I'll get a letter from NOW.

www.policelimit.com