MassCops Down | MassCops

MassCops Down

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Gil, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

There was a major DOS attack against Level3 New York which caused havoc with a lot of networks today including Comcast. Our host, Server City has taken steps to correct this and we should be back up to full speed again.

2. badogg88

badogg88 New Member

Is this the third hack in only a short amount of time, or did I misread somewhere down the line?

3. Gil

Technically none of the hacks / attacks have been directed toward MassCops they are either random DOS attacks that affect the network we are on or pain in the ass trojan worms that search the net for phpBB boards and attempt to deface them.

I don't think that any one person or group has it in for MassCops it's just dysfunctional computer geeks with nothing better to do than to reek havoc on the net.

4. badogg88

badogg88 New Member

OOH i see. I don't really understand "computer" stuff, so i didn't know. It just seemed like a lot of attacks in a short period of time!!

5. Gil

I have no fuc* :evil: clue what the hell this internal server error was about today, anybody know what time the damn thing went down?

6. MRC

MRC MassCops Member

I checked when stm4710 gave me a jingle, I think that was around 7-7:30ish.

7. Gil

I guess it just had a mind of it's own, I installed the board in a separate directory and it worked fine, check the regular directory and it was still down, moved all of the files from the new directory to the old directory and it's back up.......

Dunno exactly what the problem was, went to bed and everything was fine, leave you guys alone for a few hours and you break the baord.... :wink:

8. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Banned? Gil, The Red Dot Stating "Banned" Means????

9. Gil

hmmm ok so we still have issues, does it say you are banned?

10. MRC

MRC MassCops Member

The red dot next to this says I am.

<---------------------------

11. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

From Netcraft:

Change seem to have taken place (note UMT time so it's off about a day)

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7b PHP-CGI/0.1b 10-Jan-2005 155.212.13.153

previous was
    Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7b PHP-CGI/0.1b 29-Nov-2004 155.212.13.153

12. Sirk109

Sirk109 New Member

ok...so was I the only one getting a mostly blank page with a message telling me to contact the adminstrator/billing for the last couple of hours when I tried to go to this website?

...I'm guessing not.

13. kttref

kttref New Member

I was on around 5:30 yesterday and it was down Gil.

What did you all do to get banned??? :lol:

14. kttref

kttref New Member

Oh crap, I got banned too....Guess I'm not special anymore :cry:

15. Gil

Ok first off, the reason the site was suspended late last night into the morning hours was due to yet another hacking type event. The folks at Server City thought that possibly someone was attempting to hack their server via one of my scripts on masscops. They were not sure what was causing the problem and temporally suspended masscops to determine if masscops was being used as the gateway into the server.

As far as folks showing up as banned (lil red dot) this is an issue with something in the database, no one has been banned and I will try to fix this later today.