[NOTICE] - MassCops Crash May 2010 | MassCops

[NOTICE] MassCops Crash May 2010

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Gil, May 20, 2010.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

We are back, not running at full power just yet but back online at least. We are now on a new server situated somewhere on the eastcoast.

There are many little items that still need to be tended to such as images etc... I will get to it in time.

Important, if you registered AFTER NOVEMBER 22nd 2009 YOU WILL NEED TO REREGISTER! Do not email me asking for password or why you were blocked,deleted etc..., all users who registered after this date will need to re-register as your information is lost on some server that is probably in pieces somewhere in the deserts of Nevada.

If your subscribing member status is not correct email with the paypal email address that you subscribed with, I will check it and change your status.

If you changed your username on MC 2.0 and would rather use that contact me and let me know just don't expect it to happen right then and there, I will get to it and do my best to answer all questions / concerns.

The Subscribing Member Giveaway will be re-posted within the next day or so.

Please no bashing of our former hosting company, Adam aka iris has been a very generous person to all of us at MassCops over the years. I wish him the best and hope that he did not pull as much hair out as I have done over the past few days.

With that said... Get back to posting and enjoy yourselves... The chat will be back online later tonight.

Gil

2. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Awesome....

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

neat.

4. sean37

sean37 MassCops Member

man, i thought id never see masscops again, just got back on after 6 days i think! gil, keep up on keeping on, you're doing a great job!

5. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Well done G! [​IMG]

6. SPINMASS

SPINMASS Subscribing Member

Strong work Gil!

7. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

I thought I was in the Twilight Zone and imagined a website called Masscops for the last week. At least I havent gone completely insane. Pretty close but not all the way there yet.......

8. Gil

Funny Man.... I got a CSM that has been hounding me to do the same.... But never say never

9. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

MC1..0 does that mean my favorite smiley is back?? :hump:

nope

10. Dazy5

Dazy5 Filling Female Quota

Haha, TC!!

11. 8MORE

8MORE MassCops Angel

Who said you can never go back. Thankyou Gil for getting the site up and running. This is another example why we should have an applause button. To be installed at you're leisure sir.

12. lpwpd722

lpwpd722 Maddy B's grammy

It's great to have mc1 back. Sucks because I was just getting used to mc2.

13. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I have to apologize to everyone. Apparently Gil didnt like my new name on MC2.0 so he trashed the whole server just to make it go away!! Seems a bit extreme I know! LMFAO

14. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

See, good things always return!

15. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

This is like Backspin on satellite radio. Yo, where's my high-top fade at?

16. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

Thanks Gil, I like this format better anyway. Plus I got my avatar and my whopping 52 rep points restored !!!!

17. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Whoa, whoa, whoa! That's Metallica when they were still metal (pre-Bob Rock)! Look, skinny pants are back!

18. Gil

I have decided to keep MC1.0 over MC2.0 There is no "safe" way to merge the two. (this the reason we lost MC1.0 in the first place) The downside to this is we lose the last five months of post and members. The upside is we have alot more information on the site and vB3.8.5 is more user friendly than vB4.0 was.

It took ten hours trying to piece back the old database and upload it onto the new server, this is not because it's a difficult thing to do, this is because I am a cop and not some techie guru, that said, I am comfortable with how the site is running now and don't want to f*ck with it.

I am not going to go crazy with modifications and addons. This is still a new hosting company to us and I really don't have solid information on what we were doing for data transfer etc... I might need to upgrade the hosting plan and until that time that I know where we stand there will not be much in the way of bells and whistles.

Remember to get in touch with me regarding user-name changes and supporting member statuses. I will take care of them asap.

Thanks again,
    Gil

19. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

One thing I did note is that when the MC 2 came on line I changed my password. When the MC 1 returned my new password didn't work but the old one did. Others may note this.

20. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Where the hell am I??

and where the hell's the Green Room??????

21. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

On the bright side, we can go back to flaming noobs to use the motherfucking search function...

22. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Some things will never change, whether its MC 1 or 2 the noobs will still get flamed. Maybe the bus will be back in operation as well.

23. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Thank God, back to the Masscops I Know and love... now I need to do some catching up!

24. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

was a little concerned when the site was down and now, BLAM !

the OLD site is back !

God love Gil for resurrecting the page.

10 freak'n hours ?

would have shot my computer a long time ago

25. Duramax911

Duramax911 MassCops Member

Thanks Gil, great work getting things up and running again!