Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am currently on the job in a town here in Massachusetts. I have with my department for a little over 5 years, just long enough to get some seniority and an extra week of vacation. I recently signed up for the state police portion of the civil service exam figuring I'd give it a shot while I am still on the younger side (27).

The reason for this post is due to the fact I do not know anyone on state and I was hoping someone here may have some insight as to what the quality of life is like there as well as how it differs from being a town cop.

Feel free to comment any thoughts below or message me if you have anything that may be useful.

· Super Moderator
6,781 Posts
Watch the Departed, then read Howie Carr. It's probably somewhere inbetween.

Reactions: CCCSD

· Registered
558 Posts
Gps, body cameras, cruiser cameras, dated facilities, dated equipment, antiquated rms paperwork systems, lots of OT some forced, Never ending layers of management/ command staff. Thousands of employees, but when your on duty, it's you and 1 other trooper covering the entire response area for the barracks.

But you can move anywhere in the state and there are many units and job diversity

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts