Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently these are gonna be Mass State Police Units... Pictures by: Mike Ready and appear to be taken at MHQ.

Pics taken by a friend on Crownvic.net.
He went to MHQ and saw these parked out front.

and on a side note here is another Ford Mustang that is out there too.
found this in SSP mustang site
http://www.sspmustang.org/photos/smf_photo12a.htm

Mass is also using several unmarked Taurus's with all sorts of plates, like Boston Redsox Plates.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
biged86";p="51587 said:
damn it! I just got a new cruiser...... :(
lol looks like a 77th Rtt car to me :lol:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,803 Posts
j809";p="51674 said:
Hey those are not GTs, they are the V6 version. WTF?
:cry:
Actually they have a 460 in em. And they are gonna re-make "Bullit" with one. The Movie will be set in Boston this time and stars Mark Boston and Housing Cop. Yeah......Yeah , that't the ticket!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
It's confirmed, those are V6 Mustangs. It looks like the LECs have taken away some money from MSP budget and they could not afford the V8s. Stand by for the 06 Ford Focus Cruisers, two tone and mini LED lightbars.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Personally, as I enjoy M/V enforcement, I think my PD should have one like this... :lol: :wink:
[web:49a72861b4]http://www.sspmustang.org/photos/smf_photo133.htm[/web:49a72861b4]

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Mass Turnpike Troop has several (3 or 4) Ford Mustang GTs (I think they got them in 2002) which are used for high roller and aggressive driving enforcement. They are unsafe and impractical to use in wet or snowy weather.

I was told that these 6 cyl Mustangs are earmarked for the plainclothes Troopers working in the auto theft unit.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The Mustangs are pretty, and with the six cylinder they are appropriate for female secretaries and airline stewardesses (and "girlie men"...and democrats).

The vehicles procured for stealth use should fall into two categories:

1. Chrysler 300C SRT 8: 0-60 MPH, 4.9s; 0.25 mile, 13.2s; $43K

2. Cadillac CTS-V: 0-60 MPH, 4.7s; 0.25 mile, 13.1; $51K

Yeah, they are expensive: strip all the luxury stuff, call the MoPar a Plymouth Fury, and the Cadillac a LaSalle Deluxe and knock 'em off for $22K a piece. At that price you could even say goodbye to Found-On-Road-Dead and Bow-tie-Babystroller marked vehicles (choke...puke)! :D 8)

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
Here's another new cruiser. Now you can get a 303 HP V8.

2006 Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet has freshened the Impala for 2006 with styling tweaks inside and out, three new engines, a retuned suspension and more. The most evident change is at the rear, where traditional outward-mounted tail lamps replace the black panel that spans the width of the current car. Inside, revisions include a redesigned instrument panel as well as a unique flip-and-fold rear seat that allows for storage under the rear seats or, with the seat bottoms flipped up against the front seats, creates a deep storage well. Also, a new family of sound systems includes available MP3 playback capability as well as an in-dash six-CD changer.

As to performance, the new engine lineup includes a 3.5-liter V6 good for 210 horsepower, a 3.9-liter V6 producing 240 horsepower and, in the SS model, a new 303-horsepower 5.3-liter V8 with Displacement On Demand technology that regulates between 8-cylinder and 4-cylinder operation to deliver up to 12 percent better fuel economy according to the manufacturer. In addition, the company claims a revised chassis and suspension system delivers better handling and a smoother, quieter ride.

When: Late summer 2005.

Pricing: Pricing should remain in line with current models; New Car Blue Book values for the 2005 Impala range from $21,744 for the base model to $27,591 for an SS, before options.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
j809, the Impala still drives the wrong wheels!

I just received a call (last Friday) from my friendly neighborhood MoPar dealership advising me about the availability of the 300C SRT-8...I'm heading over tomorrow or Thursday to select options and price it out so I can get my financial ducks in a row...the build starts in April: two colors, Mercedes gray (puke) and MoPar black pearl coat. 8)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
300C SRT-8 ordered. see the "Ford 500" thread at equipment.

Charger Daytona R/T is also available: available in two flavors: "Go Man Go Orange" and "Top Banana Yellow"...sorry, no "Plum Crazy Purple"! 8)

Possibley five speed mix-your-own (or six speed :shock: )!

More of a "boy-racer" than the 300 "gentleman scoff-law" (and less expensive as well...)!

It has a "ricer" spoiler, not the "Superbird" kind :evil:

See it at:

MoPar

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.