Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this?

For a recap(havent been here in a long time), Im 16 years old, a junior at Hampshire Regional High School, and a Police Explorer with Westfield PD. Since its getting to be that time to look at collleges, im considering my options. I want to go to Westfield State College and major in CJ.

I was thinking of joining the ANG(since the 104th is right out of Barnes, which is in Westfield) but I dont want to get deployed because it would mess my school schedual up. So I found the Mass Police Corps site, was wondering if anybody has gone threw there program or known somebody that has gone threw. Any feed back appriciated. Id like to do a local deptarment like my dept(hopefully)., then go on to MSP.

http://www.waylandpolice.com/Massachusetts Police Corps.htm

thanks

-Dan

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Last I heard the Mass Police Corps is suspended. I can vouch for Westfield State's CJ program, I'm a senior there now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikey682 said:
Last I heard the Mass Police Corps is suspended. I can vouch for Westfield State's CJ program, I'm a senior there now.
Really? hear any reason why?

Do you work at WPD?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dan,

Use the 'Search' feature of the bulletin board; there were many posts about the Mass Police Corps several months ago. They are not actively accepting applications or running classes right now, mostly because of financial reasons from what I understand.

Good luck!

-Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomahawk said:
One more thing - the official MPC website was located at http://www.masspolicecorps.com - but it appears to have been taken offline... not a good sign if you were hoping to apply!
damn, I was fearing that :(

Oh well, I guess I can ask some of the local departments if they have any programs similar to MPC's, just emailed MSP to see if they did anything like that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dan,

I can Vouch for both. I graduated from Westfield State College. Great program and great instructors, all have line experience in the C.J,. field. As far as the Police Corps goes no several people who have graduated from the program. Its very tough and demanding but well worth it. I believe you have to have a four year degree or at least close to it to apply. If you are interested in the ANG or military and you like the USAF you might want to consider doing ROTC Umass has an AFROTC det . If you end up going to WSC, WSC students are allowed to take ROTC classes. But check with Mass police Corps if she is still there speak with a Lt. Thompson she can probably answer all of your questions she is also very personable. hope that helps you out

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey everyone, thanks for posting about this subject. I am in HS as well, and I am also pursuing Law enforcment as a career. (in fact, Dan is an Explorer at the same Dept. that I am.) HEY DAN!! \:D/
Any recomendations for someone interested in becoming a Trooper for the MSP asap? I plan on going to college, possibly going into the military or reserves, but what in your opinion is the best way to go?
Thank you in advance for any responses.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
DanB said:
Do you work at WPD?
If by WPD you mean WSCPD, thats affirmative.

Dan, all you can do is wait for the next exam, take it, then sit by the mailbox for 3 months to see your score, and if its high enough, wait for another letter. I think I can safely say there will not be another exam in the near future though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CPDexplorer said:
. (in fact, Dan is an Explorer at the same Dept. that I am.) HEY DAN!! \:D/
Any recomendations for someone interested in becoming a Trooper for the MSP asap?
:whaasup:

And Id also like to hear some recomendations for becoming a MSP trooper

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,678 Posts
Ahem!
Did someone mention Police Corps?
:L: :p :blush:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went through most of the Police Corps hiring process steps a half a year ago until one day i received a letter from them. i thought it was a scheduling for my final interview but it was a letter stating that they did not have the funds for another class. I can tell you that it is a top notch academy and all the personnel there are nice and helpful. If they run another class, i would go for it.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,678 Posts
Isn't it interesting that a FEDERALLY FUNDED program to put more police out on the streets would suddenly lose funding post 9/11? I think it is smoke.
:sh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shawnr76 said:
http://www.masspolicecorps.com This does not work I have been trying for days. :FM:
its working for me right now :jump:

maybe they got their funding back now?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kmf294 said:
my understanding is that police corps was suspended indefinitely because an instructor was caught playing hide the broom stick in the janitors closet with a recruit. Have this from a pretty good source.
:wow: damnit that pisses me off :evil: freakin sickos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.