Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Always Watching
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Massachusetts Mayor Bans the Word 'Illegal' for Illegal Immigrants By Elizabeth Harrington November 2, 2012
(CNSNews.com) - The mayor of Somerville, Mass., has banned the use of the term "illegals" when referring to illegal aliens.
Mayor and Alderman Joe Curtatone announced the new policy at a local board meeting last week, according to the Somerville Journal.
The decision was made after a "team of youths" urged the city to stop using the "hurtful" term. "I hadn't given it a thought until they brought to my attention how hurtful that term is," Board President Tom Taylor said. "Some of their testimony is pretty heart wrenching."
One testimony came from Elis Melara, a 14-year-old whose cousin was deported by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last year. "The way he said those words made me angry," she said, referencing the word illegal.
"The officer made him seem like a criminal. He was talking about my cousin like he didn't matter. He matters to me," Melara said. "The word 'illegal' is a wrong way to describe a human being. A better word is 'undocumented.' I am thankful that I am an American and can do something about it."
Curtatone, who is serving his fifth term as mayor since being elected in 2003, said his community has "always been a city of hope for immigrants around the world."
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2953809/posts

Sounds like Somerville is as FUBAR as Amherst and Cambridge.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
The Mayor and Alderman shoud both be dragged out into the street and charged with sedition...period.

For the liberals on here that arent smart enough to undertsand shit.

In law, sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that is deemed by the legal authority to tend toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent (or resistance) to lawful authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interests of sedition.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Honestly? If they just made it so you get NOTHING. ZIP. ZERO. From this country without being a citizen, I would call them anything they fucking wanted. Unicorns, blowjobs, rainbows, skittles, whatever.

Crush any benefits to them, and prosecute anyone that benefits from their cheap labor. Sure, we'll pay the price at market, but the savings on the government end would make up for it. That would then have to assume that they dont go flush the money somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Meaningless feel good legislation. I'll call these assholes illegal if I want to, and no law can abridge my free speech rights, you two jerkoff pudwhaps.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Massachusetts Mayor Bans the Word 'Illegal' for Illegal Immigrants By Elizabeth Harrington November 2, 2012
(CNSNews.com) - The mayor of Somerville, Mass., has banned the use of the term "illegals" when referring to illegal aliens.
Mayor and Alderman Joe Curtatone announced the new policy at a local board meeting last week, according to the Somerville Journal.
The decision was made after a "team of youths" urged the city to stop using the "hurtful" term. "I hadn't given it a thought until they brought to my attention how hurtful that term is," Board President Tom Taylor said. "Some of their testimony is pretty heart wrenching."
One testimony came from Elis Melara, a 14-year-old whose cousin was deported by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last year. "The way he said those words made me angry," she said, referencing the word illegal.
"The officer made him seem like a criminal. He was talking about my cousin like he didn't matter. He matters to me," Melara said. "The word 'illegal' is a wrong way to describe a human being. A better word is 'undocumented.' I am thankful that I am an American and can do something about it."
Curtatone, who is serving his fifth term as mayor since being elected in 2003, said his community has "always been a city of hope for immigrants around the world."
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2953809/posts

Sounds like Somerville is as FUBAR as Amherst and Cambridge.
So if we can't call these leeches illegals anymore, does it mean it's no longer a crime? F their feelings, go back where you came from if you don't like the rules here. "The world illegal is a wrong way to describe a human being?" Not if they are breaking the law..?? This is so dumb.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Gimme a fuckin' break. This has got to be the most ass backwards type of thinking ever. I can't WAIT until this country splits down the middle.
I'm predicting a more horizontal split across the country..that shit would NOT fly down here in good ole South Carolina..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
At least the majority of the comments on the article indicate that we're not the only ones slightly annoyed by this.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Unfucking real. Don't want to be called an "illegal"? Then don't be a fucking "illegal". Period.
This is about free speech the fact that an elected official is banning a word should relieve him of his duties immediately and he should be an outcast to society, shunned and bannished to the wasteland or Gulag as I recall.

Horse Sky Working animal Cloud Horse tack

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,774 Posts
This shit is ALMOST funny. Couple foolishness like this and an Elizabeth Warren Win.....
I swear I'll never vote again.....

Reactions: Nightstalker

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I'm embarrassed to be half Italian because of Curtatone.

Reactions: Hush
1 - 20 of 32 Posts