·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Massachusetts Maritime Academy Public Safety
Department's basic function is to ensure and maintain a
secure and safe campus environment. To patrol campus
grounds, buildings and adjacent areas. We interact
directly with students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.

Posting:
July 2008

Position:

Campus Police Officer I

Department:

Public Safety

Union Affiliation:

AFSCME Unit position - Job Group 14

Position Number FY09-04
General Statement of Duties: Police Officers need to be able to deal tactfully and interact with
people in an emergency or under stressful circumstances and to maintain a harmonious working
relationship with others. In addition, an ideal candidate will be sensitive to working within a
campus setting and interacting with students and the general public. Officers must be able to
communicate effectively. This position requires an individual to patrol campus grounds, buildings,
and adjacent areas on foot or in a patrol vehicle. Must be able to perform all other duties related
to the Campus Police Officer I position in the Public Safety Department.
Qualifications:

As per State Classification Specifications for this job description on file in the

Human Resources Department.
Special Requirements: A Valid Massachusetts Driver's License; applicants must be
eligible for appointment as a Special Police Officer under Chapter 22, § 63, M.G.L.
Salary :

Biweekly $1,219.38 Annual: $31,703.88 (step 1)

Additional Information: FT, full-benefited position - 12 month
*Area of Assignment: Public Safety Department
*Supervisor: LT Christopher Slattery
Director Public Safety
*Shift & Days Off: To be announced
Start Date:

As soon as possible

Deadline for application: 16 August 2008. To apply, please submit the following documents:
cover letter, resume, MMA application, and Affirmative Action form located on the employment
quick link on our website, www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and
sent electronically to [email protected]. Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to:
Shirley Gilmetti, Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101
Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment phpysicial,
drug screening and background check. MMA is an AA/EEO employer. Members of underrepresented
groups are encouraged to apply.

Is this a good department to apply to? Any insight would be great. thanks

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Considering the recent legislation passed, if a crazy fisherman along the Canal kills you, you get the full LOD death benefit!
You get a state job which starts your state/municipal clock ticking.
They do NOT do much L.E. (don't ask/don't tell)

Have a nice career!;)

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,422 Posts
The location is terrific. Granted in winter it might not be comfy, but the midnight shift on the water, that's livin'. Rivers just don't cut it and we can't park right by the water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts