Massachusetts LEO License Plates | MassCops

Massachusetts LEO License Plates

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by Victoria61210, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victoria61210

Victoria61210 New Member

Hi All,
    I am new so I hope I have the right thread. I am petitioning new license plates in Massachusetts. I'm working with NLEOMF in DC as well as Wives Behind the Badge. The plates will have the NLEOMF logo on them and the slogan on the bottom reads, "Honor Courage Sacrifice"...In order for these plates to go in production I need to collect 3,000 pre paid applications which are now being created by the RMV and the final plate design will be out shortly (they are approving and fixing the one I sent to fit the real demensions of the plate.) I know some officers really do not want anything police related on their vehicle and that is understandable! So far people have shown a lot of interest in them and I hope that we see the plates in production in the future. And hello to those on here who I have already visited about the plates or who know who I am =)
    For more information you can visit the FB page (I hope the forum posts links!)www.facebook.com/massachusettslawenforcementsupportplates

2. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

I support this organization, but I don't really want to tag myself or my family by sporting a license plate.

3. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Be nice!!!!! Victoria's husband works here in the real world for the same organization you do mtc. She has received some interest and is putting out here because this is a pro LEO site. She has put in months of work arranging meetings with all the people necessary to get this to happen.

LECSniper, 263FPD, LawMan3 and 3 others like this.
  4. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

The plate design is very discrete and very nicely done. We may not get a plate because we also don't have any markings on our vehicles that can be recognizable, however I'm hoping there are others out there that will spread the word and make the purchase because the funds go to a really great cause.
    And Victoria is a friend of mine so please please please be respectful.

5. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I think the success of this plate will depend on the civilian response to it. If civilians start sporting the plates then the rest of us will blend in with them.

USMCMP5811, Usa8235, cc3915 and 3 others like this.
  6. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

I think this a wonderful idea...however after reading the comments in the Herald about the NCSD deputy from the general public, I thinks it's safe to say most people would rather sport teacher or whale plates

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Outstanding idea... Just not so sure I could have them and not be overly whackerish...

A solid, great idea though. Good luck in the execution of it!

8. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I know some officers really do not want anything police related on their vehicle and that is understandable!

I'm an Architect, but where I live (North Shore) it may be different. Maybe its the lower crime rates in HamnWen,Danvers,Topsfield,Ipswich...etc etc but the guys otj down here seem to have no problem "displaying " the MPA,TBL stickers,plates, etc because the chances are a lot less that some kids going to do something. I think you will be fine, good luck.

fra444 and PBC FL Cop like this.
  9. Thanks for the input. My husband has a take home cruise I assure you that's a big enough target. As I stated before I understand people not wanting them but I have talked to enough officers to know that a lot do want them so I am going through with it and just wanted to spread the word :)

10. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I wish you luck in getting this done. I can understand some folks not wanting to "advertise" their profession, but I agree with Fra if enough civilians hop on board then I don't see it being too attention grabbing. Plus, as you said, with a take home cruiser in the driveway you've pretty much got a rolling billboard in front of your house.

fra444 likes this.
  11. Yes so far I have a lot of civilian supporters :) I'm really looking forward to getting them out!

12. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

What charity or organization does the blue line sticker assist? I may have missed that when I purchased mine and id love to know...

LoveMyLEO2006 likes this.
  13. Ok Mtc thank you for your opinion :)

14. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

Victoria, save yourself some work, check with the Mass Fallen Firefighter Fund. Call the Board of Directors and see how they did it here in MA. Meeeage me if I can be of assistance

http://www.mafirememorial.org/Board/index.html

15. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If I want my car keyed, I'll just do it myself.

Johnny Law and 13B like this.
  16. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

It's a shame that this is probably what will happen to some peoples cars. If people don't want the special plates, maybe a straight up donation to NLEOMF or WBTB would be in order?

LawMan3, mtc and Delta784 like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Great idea but I'm in agreement with the others; I'm not interested in advertising. I also think those civilians sporting the plate will expect certain privileges and/or courtesies. "Look I bought the plate, you can't give me a ticket"

Mozzarella, mtc and Delta784 like this.
  18. Wait MTc you are a dispatcher for state? My husband is a trooper.

19. LoveMyLEO2006

LoveMyLEO2006 New Member

Well the idiots that believe they don't deserve a ticket based on the fact that they sport a plate or blue line or whatever totally deserve a ticket. I think some of these posts are incredibly arrogant but that is JMHO. I'm sorry I ever recommended this site, Victoria. I should have done my research to see that this isn't a pro LEO site whatsoever. Everyone has an opinion without a sensor button. Don't get me wrong, there are some legitimate concerns and I appreciate them being addressed but maybe some could take a lesson in "tact"?? JMHO :)

20. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Woah....... this isn't a pro LEO site??? You must have us confused with some other site. We just tell it like it is and I'll agree tact isn't one of our strong points. A lot of the folks who responded to this thread are officers and are just posting what they feel is the truth.

A lot of cops don't put ANYTHING on their vehicles that identifies them as LEO. This is because of the extreme anti-police sentiment out there today. I believe the plates are a great idea and I wish the organizers much luck, but you have to understand where some people are coming from.

21. Woah woah woah! No disrespect, to you or Victoria, but who are you to come on here and make a comment like that with no history here whatsoever??? I am also a LEO's wife, and I've been on this site a while now. This is nothing BUT a pro-LEO forum. Victoria came on here asking if her idea would be something these people would be interested in, and they are giving their honest opinions. What do you want them to say? You need a lot of fluff and sugar-coating to keep your feelings from getting hurt? I think people here assume that Victoria is actually looking for HONEST answers, not hugs and warm fuzzies. If you really are a LEO's wife, please try to avoid coming on this site and insulting everyone in your 1st post. It doesn't really make a good impression.;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

22. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

How cute.. Now go play with your dolls and let the adults talk....

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I'm sorry that you found it yourself.

Usa8235 and cc3915 like this.
  24. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

shot out.....splash!

cc3915 likes this.
  25. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

This thread has gone downhill real quick. The only thing that identifies me as LEO on or in my vehicle is my id and badge when i'm driving. My parents and sisters have SPAM stickers, my wife doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.