mass ok glock 27 | MassCops

mass ok glock 27

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by MPD119, Jun 10, 2006.

1. MPD119

MPD119 MassCops Member

Im looking for a good or excellent 3rd generation glock 27 for off duty use, if anyone has one avail, please pm me.

2. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

3. MPD119

MPD119 MassCops Member

I spoke to the lady with the LE sale department, she told me that a letter from the chief is required for individual officer purchase. My chief would rather see his officer carry the depart issued than anything else for off duty. That's why Im trying to get one myself without going through the Chief's office.

4. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Just curious but what do you carry on duty? If it's something big and clunky...that's a bit inane but not unheard of.

It's sort of interesting how many CLEO's are "afraid" of their officers actually having the training and equipment they need.

It might be hard to get these guns more and more, as glock is not an AG approved gun...it can only be bought for law enforcement use. How many LEO's are going to buy a glock then personally sell it, especially after having to get a letter to purchase it in the first place.
    Silly, silly stuff

5. MPD119

MPD119 MassCops Member

we carry sig 229 40 cal, I like the gun, but it is a bit too heavy and big for off duty carry.

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

When I bought my Glock 26 there a few years ago, a copy of your police ID was all that was necessary.

7. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Law Enforcemnent Equipment in Waltham has new 27's in stock and you can take possession same day. Interstate is good but you still have to ship the gun to an FFL. All you need at LE Equipment is your Class A and your Police ID and you are good to go. They also have the LE mags for the 27 that hold 2 extra rounds and offer an extra finger groove on the grip.

I a brand new Glock 27 from LE Equipment a few months ago and am completely satisifed. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Two thumbs up in my book !!!!

8. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

I think things are slowly changing. There is an exemption for LE with regards to some guns BUT there is no real clear process. The AG has sent out a letter or two just sort of making up rules and trying to explain the process of sale...but it's sort of BS.
    The issue is if you were the only Glock distributor in the NE, would you risk it?
    At some point if they ever get to looking at a bunch of the FA-10's that a bunch of these dealers file, there's going to be a problem.

Short version: With the letter, it get's shipped to your department no need to pick up anything.

9. Curious EMT

Curious EMT Subscribing Member

I have a brand new one for sale in the state. PM me if you are interested.....

10. MPD119

MPD119 MassCops Member

how much? never been fired?

11. Curious EMT

PM sent to you sir

12. MPD119

MPD119 MassCops Member

can a LEO in mass legally purchase a brand new glock (glock 27) for personal use only?(unofficial off duty carry). I again went to a diff dealer and the guy told me a LEO ID, class A and a Badge is all it takes to get a brand new glock, but when the dealer show me the glock 27 for inspection, he also asked me to fill out his own copy of agreement that the glock 27(with serial numbers on it) is purchase strictly for law enforcement use "ONLY" and can not be resell to private citizen. I told him that the glock 27 will only be use for personal/selfdefense "off duty carry" purposes, than the guy said that the agreement is something that they use to protect their business because all new glocks can only be purchase by LEO for official duty purposes only. I told him that my depart ment only allow ed sig 229 at work than he asked me to get a permittion from my cheif to ship the glock to my department so his business/himself are cover from any legal problems. Im new on the job "1 year" and don't know much about firearm laws and AG's rules/reg. Can a full time police officer purchase a brand new glock for personal use(off duty carry)? My chief told me that if I shoot someone (on/off duty)with something other than the sig 229 that I qualified with than he/or the PD would not testified in court regarding my qualification/skills on firearms training.

13. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Hey it is MA, it's bound to be confusing...
    If your CLEO says that the SIG is your duty/off duty weapon...that's the way it is.
    Typically a dealer in MA will ask for your ID and might make you sign that letter (Individual Officer Purchase) so they are covered and can prove the sale is :legit". This is so they are not gigged when they get high capacity mags and LEO only guns. Also there is a small issue of a tax difference between a "sporting" pistol and one that would be fore LE use "only'" (FET in or FET out).
    There have been "problems" with some LEO's (not many and none that I've heard of in MA) buying a Glock or what have you, then selling it to a non-leo (as person to person sales are exempt from the most of the AG's regulations). Examples would be a guy buying a gun then giving to his girlfriend for personal protection etc and so on.

So the answer is....maybe. If you can legitimately "prove" the gun is for LE use (off duty on duty whatever) you should be good to go. Since it seems that your CLEO is a SIG only type of guy, it's your call if you want to go the route of something other than SIG.

14. Curious EMT

Once the firearm is in your possesion under your Class-A license, YOU can transfer it to anyone that is appropriatetly licensed, LEO or otherwise, REGARDLESS if you got it through a Mass dealer (requires it to be for "official duty" (open to interpretation) ), or if you purchased it on dept letterhead from the manufacturer or distributor direct to you at your department, circumventing any Mass dealer. AG regs ONLY affect MASS DEALER sales (transfers). Regardles of how you get your firearm, you can transfer it to anyone face-to-face and none of that A.G. junk applies (or the eops list, for that matter). (That is, up to 4 per year, any more can not be face-to-face and must go through a dealer). Its yours, sell it to whoever you want.

If a dealer is making you sign anything, find another dealer. Sort of like that tow guy that was here a month ago seizing cars that fail inspection. Neither have any obligation (or right) to do such under any law. They could refuse your sale, this is the great U S of A, but if they're demanding a waiver, I'de be demanding my money back, and going to the next guy.

Edit: SOT, who is having problems reselling their LEO purchase firearms? If its not through a dealer, it should be a non-problem, correct?

15. jasonbr

jasonbr New Member

What's the deal with glocks? I never have gotten it..... I always figured a Glock was a wanna-be SIG. I have a buddy that is all giddy for Glocks - i just don't get it, i'll take my SIGs over a Glock any day.

Also - do any LEO's carry Kimber's? I always figured that given the opportunity I'd purchase and carry a Kimber Tactical Elite for a service gun. I've always appreciated the quick and natural target aquisition of 1911's.

16. Curious EMT

Glocks are one thing that no other gun really is: fighting tools.
    I am 101% a Sig guy, and the only Glock I have I purchased as an investment, I'll never shoot / carry it, but if I were going to battle, i'd take a Glock.
    GLOCK TEST No sig would ever live up to that test, not even close. In the 20,000 rounds through my 229, and the 5,00 through my 239, I have never had a single problem with my Sigs, but thats because I take them home, and clean them like my first born child. I lube once a week if I havent fired it, so on and so on.

Glock's design of minimal moving parts, and large clearances especially at the slide/frame rails just keep them going, and going, and going.

Also, this is just me, and Im sure some people are the opposite, but I can point-shoot a clock 5x better than my sags, and I have very very minimal range-time with them. They're great guns, just like sig, anyone that denies that just has something personal against them.

17. Mach

Mach New Member

You can always find a used one out of state made before sep 94 and have it sent to an ffl in state, like everyone else. then you can have it refurbed by glock for not much money.

18. Simon

Simon Guest

MPD you ever find a 27 to buy?????

19. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Gun has to have been IN MA in '94. check the MGL...has to have been lawfullyly owned per some section. Said section includes by an Class A holder...etc .

20. Mach

Mach New Member

Actually I meant before Oct 98. If there is a requirement for the weapon to have been in MA prior to Oct 98, then why does every dealer in MA have a list of glock manufacture dates based on serial number that they use to bring glocks into the state and sell them. If you look on the four seasons web site, they actually state this in writing. I thought that is what the "list" is all about. Any handgun that was legally owned in MA prior to Oct 98, even if not on the list can be sold by a dealer in MA.

"We can purchase from you or sell your handgun on consignment or transfer to you a handguns IF:

1) It is a post 10/21/98 handgun that is fully certified i.e. "M" series SIG's.

2) It is a pre-10/21/98 handgun that is on "THE LIST" i.e. Glocks, Para's, Beretta's, etc. People who use online auctions please print and refer to "THE LIST". Please don't call us to look it up for you. We cannot handle all the telephone calls.

3) If it is pre-10/21/98 and NOT on "THE LIST" then you must provide us with documentation ( original bill of sale, state registration form, etc) showing that the item was registered IN Massachusetts prior to the 10/21/98 date. "

If that isn't in compliance with the AG's personal gun control agenda, then every dealer (the ones left) I have been to are violating the regs.

I think the problem comes into play with tis quote:
    The Attorney General's handgun sales regulations include three product requirements that are not shared by the Chapter 140 handgun product requirements, and that are not tested for the Approved Firearms Roster:
    • child-safety features
      940 CMR 16.05(2), (4)
    • load indicators and magazine safety disconnects for semi-automatic handguns
      940 CMR 16.05(3), (4)
    • tamper-resistant serial numbers
      940 CMR 16.03
    A handgun that is listed on the Approved Firearms Roster might not satisfy these three additional product requirements. If a handgun does not satisfy these three additional requirements, then it is a violation of the regulations for a handgun purveyor to transfer that handgun even if the handgun is listed on the Approved Firearms Roster.

But then again in is my understanding that the MA courts did not accept into MA law the other 3 conditions from the AG nor is it a case in law of any handgun being found not to meet the 3 other conditions set forth by the AG:

The Attorney General's handgun sales regulations include three product requirements that are not shared by the Chapter 140 handgun product requirements, and that are not tested for the Approved Firearms Roster:
    • child-safety features
      940 CMR 16.05(2), (4)
    • load indicators and magazine safety disconnects for semi-automatic handguns
      940 CMR 16.05(3), (4)
    • tamper-resistant serial numbers
      940 CMR 16.03
    A handgun that is listed on the Approved Firearms Roster might not satisfy these three additional product requirements. If a handgun does not satisfy these three additional requirements, then it is a violation of the regulations for a handgun purveyor to transfer that handgun even if the handgun is listed on the Approved Firearms Roster.

So bottom line, prior to Oct 98 manufactor and on the list means it's not prohibited from being transfered by statue. But that doesn't mean it's allowed.

Pursuant to the requirements of 501 CMR 7.03; firearms dealers should note the following warning: ​

TRANSFERS OF HANDGUNS ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HANDGUN SALES REGULATIONS; 940 C.M.R. 16.00 [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ET SEQ. [/FONT]FIREARMS ON THIS ROSTER DO NOT NECESSARILY COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HANDGUN SALES REGULATIONS. INFORMATION ABOUT THOSE REGULATIONS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND CAN BE ACCESSED ON THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S WEBSITE; WWW.AGO.STATE.MA.US.

The bottom line, dealers will sell weapons on the list made prior to Oct 98, whether it's legag for them to sell those, if they weren't in the state in Oct 98 is up in the air and has not been enforced or a precedent set.

Clear as mud

21. Mach

Mach New Member

If you ever have to use it, you are in battle. You can't always choose the circumstances of the battle, you might end up needing your weapon after rolling around in 3 foot deep mud, in the pouring rain, and the only weapon on your side had better work right the first time, there won't be a second chance. Just my opinion