Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the good, the bad and ugly about the Mass Maritime Campus Police. I have applied for a position with CP and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the department

Thank You in advance

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Don't Carry, Don't do much police work, don't get much respect, don't make make much money. Don't bother jumpin over there.
:roll:

G

·
They hire people who quit the academy on the first day and then allow them to continue to work until the next academy and send them again. Right Weaton?

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
Hey TK it was Carvillo not Weaton. Weaton was North Shore CC

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
BHCCPD said:
I thought their Campus Police Dept. would derive Ch. 90 authority through Ch. 73: Section 18, since Mass Maritime is a state college?

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Unless there is some law that specifically says that MMCPD has Ch 90 then I believe they are a state college and do have CH 90. I am sure its not an issue if they have the 90, they do, its weather or not the administration will or won't let them do it. All of us who have been Campus Police Officers at certain colleges know how that goes.

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
Not to put down a police department but I know someone who use to work there and they had nothing good to say about the place. However he did say fishing on the canal during the overnights was good :? Who could that officer be :?: :?:

·
Registered
140 Posts
having ch90 is only good when you have enough roadway for someone to commit a violation. at MMA once you back out of a spot you're either off campus or in the drink.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dh18 said:
having ch90 is only good when you have enough roadway for someone to commit a violation. at MMA once you back out of a spot you're either off campus or in the drink.
Thats True!!!! LOL

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Someone mentioned NSCC Police. What happened to them? Do they still exist? Lately, I've seen some white truck some black markings on it parked where the old two tone blue Police Tahoe used to be parked at the Lynn Campus. I haven't seen one of those guys around in a year or so.

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
Yes NSCC Pd is still around....Actually on duty in Danvers right now....The Blazer you are refering to that was at Lynn is currently out for repairs...we have a gold unmarked at the Lynn campus for the time being.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.