Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out in the state Email System on Friday, 22 AUG 2008 - the house cleaning begins...................

From Secretary Ian Bowles:

Dear Colleagues;
I am pleased to announce two new appointments at EEA.
First, please join me in welcoming Aaron Gross as the Director of the EEA Office of Law Enforcement. (OLE) Also known as the Massachusetts Environmental Police, OLE acts as a steward of the Commonwealth's natural resources through enforcement of state fish-and-game, boating, and recreational vehicle laws.
Aaron has over 33 years of law enforcement experience at the local, state and federal levels, and served most recently as a Sergeant Detective with the Boston Police Department. Aaron will begin as the Director on Monday, August 25.
I would also like to announce the appointment of Alicia McDevitt as Assistant Secretary and Director of the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA) Office, where she will be responsible for overseeing the environmental review of major development projects in the Commonwealth.
For the past year and a half, Alicia has served as the Deputy General Counsel of EEA, where she has assisted our General Counsel on a wide variety of legal and policy issues relating to EEA and its agencies. Alicia helpe craft several of this year's successful legislative initiatives and provided leadership in such other diverse areas as the Natural Resource Damages Program and implementing regulation revisions at the Department of Public Utilities and Energy Facilities Siting Board. Prior to joining EEA, Alicia was a senior associate with the Boston law firm Foley Hoag, where she focused on environmental permitting, compliance and litigation matters for major public and private clients of the firm. Alicia holds a law degree from Boston College and a degree in Environmental Science from The Ohio State University.
Please join me and Governor Patrick in welcoming Aaron and Alicia to their new positions.
Ian

G

·
Well, at least Gross is a cop. There could have been much worse choices just on the face of things, but of course final judgment rests with the grunt EPO's.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
After reading the title of this thread I was applying for a job....then I read it..I knew it was to good to be true..

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
I heard Judge Mulligan was one of the candidates for the position....
Just think Foxy, one of these days,when you grow up you can apply to a PD. Then you wont be looking into women's handbags, getting coffee for the ADA's and performing favors in the Judges chambers

·
Registered
140 Posts
... Then you wont be looking into women's handbags, getting coffee for the ADA's and performing favors in the Judges chambers
Kinda sounds like the types of things you do out in Westboro.... Just replace ADA with Captain and Judges chambers with Major's office.

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Kinda sounds like the types of things you do out in Westboro.... Just replace ADA with Captain and Judges chambers with Major's office.
What about the womens handbags A-hole are they in your cruiser???

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Yes

Come on now, everyone has seen your "gear bag" if that isn't a purse I don't know what is. Make sure you bring it along tonight so you have some where safe to carry your allowance your wife gives you.
I may carry a gear bag but you hide all your stuff under your skirt:jestera:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Just think Foxy, one of these days,when you grow up you can apply to a PD. Then you wont be looking into women's handbags, getting coffee for the ADA's and performing favors in the Judges chambers
I rather hate looking through handbags actually.....

And while I am in charge of the coffee at my court, I can assure you the ADA gets his own cup.....YOu should stop by and have a cup, on the house....just don't forget to secure your weapon on your way in.... ](*,)

Anyway, the last EPO I talked to, which was about 2 weeks ago, said that things were going well for you guys, as far as taking care of that situation.....Can you confirm?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I may carry a gear bag but you hide all your stuff under your skirt:jestera:
Don't get angry and lash out at me because I'm speaking the truth, I've seen you off duty and some of that stuff you wear would make Klinger from MASH embarassed.

Anyway, the last EPO I talked to, which was about 2 weeks ago, said that things were going well for you guys, as far as taking care of that situation.....Can you confirm?
Stand by, it's a new era at MEP; changes and corrections to current situations are coming...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
As long as my pay check is in my account every two weeks, the judges can have their way with me....:inlove:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts