Mass Cops Meet and Greet? | Page 3 | MassCops

Mass Cops Meet and Greet?

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by chief801, May 10, 2005.

1. LenS

LenS New Member

If you are going to be near any college, you can usually access the Internet for free (no login required). Most Boston area colleges have wired and/or wireless networks that are open to visitors (if you have your own laptop with you) and computers scattered all over the place for use by anyone that visits the place. You may not be able to print anything, but you can definitely read/write Email.

2. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

no i wont be bringing my laptop with me.. thats why i was asking if there were any internet cafe's...

but thank u for that Lens i,ll have to get my map out and see whats close to the hotel i,m staying at!

3. Officer Dunngeon

Officer Dunngeon Out of the Loop

A lot of hotels have computers available for guest use, you should check with the one you're staying at.

4. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

i checked they have internet connection in every room... but i think i might have to bring a laptop with me.. i doubt i will ...

fingers crossed they will have computers for guests to use somewhere in the hotel..

:)

5. LenS

LenS New Member

Check carefully on hotels.

We vacationed at a Marriott Springhill Suites in FL and they had a couple of computers, printers, etc. FREE to those staying there, plus free wired access all over the place to use your own laptop. I think it was this "brand's" policy to provide free access.

I stayed in a Marriott Courtyard in CT and found that they wanted ~$11/day for computer access in the rooms and had no small business center free for the residents.

I stayed in the Marriott Hotel in Nashua, NH and they charged for everything as well. I think it is this "brand's" policy to charge for absolutely everything!

So, even within a chain, you need to check the details very carefully.

Burlington has a satellite campus of my alma mater, Northeastern University. I have no idea if they have free use computers setup on that campus, but somehow I won't be surprised if they don't require a login UID/Password. The more liberal liberal arts colleges in Downtown Boston are more likely to be more "computer friendly". I know that Simmons College is wide open, as I used to do IT support there a few years ago.

Enjoy your trip here.

6. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

Thank u LenS :)

7. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

All of the places above are closed. Cybersmith closed in like 1999 I used to work there in 97'-98'.

Scott :pc:

8. LenS

LenS New Member

Cinderella,

I do NOT know if this place still exists, but the website seems to be updated as of 2005. It looks like it might be a kids hangout, not a place that you might enjoy, but what the hey.

The Internet Connextion, 212 Cambridge St, Burlington, MA 01803, 781-224-0373
    http://www.iconnextion.com/rates.jsp

Another thought . . . I think we were missing the forest for the trees! Check the Burlington Public Library! All public libraries in MA are open to anyone that walks in. Most libraries have computers free for use of patrons . . . I don't think most restrict it to town residents. Also an increasing number of libraries are providing wireless access so you can use your own computer there for free as well. A lot quieter environment than I envision for The Internet Connextion I noted above.

Bingo! Good guess on my part. Here's the URL for the Burlington Public Library.
    http://burlingtonpubliclibrary.org/

The Reference Services page mentions that they DO have wireless access for patrons to use with their own laptops.
    http://burlingtonpubliclibrary.org/Reference.htm

9. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

I just got back home to London... i had to cut my trip short by 3 days :cry:
    unexpected bad news .. but hey thats life i guess

i wanted to say Ken it was great to meet u and thank u for the coffee lol

we dont have dunken donuts in england LOL u didnt bring me a
    donut!!!! :shock: LOL

what a great place Boston is and burlington hmmmm not too sure about it
    doesnt anyone walk there?? u have no pavments lol

i went out for a walk to find some shops near the hotel and i had every
    car in that town beeping at me lol.. i thought i was going to get arrested for jay walking!!

i will definetly go back one day... and Ken ur a great guy and sooooo
    funny ... thank u again .. i didnt feel so much like a stranger

i will say everyone i came accross was very friendly.. u americans do know how to make a stranger feel welcome :)

i cant believe every were i went most people asked me to repeat what i said more than once because i was told they loved the english accent lol

10. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Cinderella,

Next time come down to Florida, we'll show you a great time!!!

11. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

i will :)

except i will avoid ur summer time LOL i would melt in hot wheather like
    that!!! us brits are not used to anything above 80 we disintigrate lol

( i dont think i spelt that right :shock: ) lol

12. kttref

kttref New Member

Most of us New Englanders don't like anything above 80 either...that's why some of us cherish our crappy winters! I'm really missing snow right now :(

Glad you had a good time here in the states though!

13. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

oh no!! not snow :shock: lol

u should see the winters in england are awful .. no matter how many layers
    u add on ur still cold..

and i wish it would stop raining !! grrrrrrrr

i have the permanant wet look lol