Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MassArt has another opening for a Campus Police Officer. I just want to warn every person who even remotely considers applying for the job to, STAY AWAY!!!! I don't want to see any others join the ranks of the, "those who lost their career category due to MassArt." There are other ways to get your foot in the door, besides being at that place.

One final fact before I retire the "Artcop" moniker.

The senior patrolman at MassArt has been there for 10 days!!! :baaa:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the last of the great ones is retiring form MassArt!!! ArtCop is right anyone thinking that MassArt is a great place to get started in the world of police is delusional. I feel bad for the sucker that just took the job there but I warned him and he didn’t heed my advice. So for him welcome to the world of Sh&!. :up_yours:

This ones for you ArtCop :t:

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Hey, if AFSCME is so great , where are they defending these poor officers from the administration from hell assholes?

Point proven again and again that AFSCME are a bunch of mopheads and are desperate now since they will lose so many people from their rosters.

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
ARTCOP

Congrates on getting out of that dump ! It is by far the worst run department in the State College system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haha, goodluck Disturbed Cop congrats you are going to a great place I wish you the best-I'll get back to you. XRacerX-Check your PM......I can't say anymore yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank goodness that you have finally been paroled from that prison. All potential Campus Police Officers, stay away from that stink hole. You learn nothing and do nothing. The admiistration tries to convince you that it's an up and coming department,

The place has been there for over 20 years. Up and coming my butthole. The place is a joke. If you want to be laughed at and not taken seroiusly by all means apply to that rat hole. If you have any respect for yourself and want a fruitful career, do not I repeat ,do not apply to this dump. All the good and smart people leave ass and farts I mean MASS Art. Oh well I think I had it right the first time. :)

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
I don't really know the institution (Mass Art) so I will keep my opinions to myself. But I did hear that a rumor is/was that officers had to call Wentworth to run some one through LEAPS because administration were too cheap to purchase one for the college police. Is this true?

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as Wentworth running people for Mass Art, this is not true. MAss Art has their own leaps computer. It was the other way around for quite sometime where wentworth P.D would call the Campus Police at mass art in order to run someone. Since then wentworth has installed a leaps computer of their own in their communication center.

Mass Art does not certify their dispatchers to be Leaps/ Cori certified. This is unheard of almost anywhere else. The chief or director has it out for one of the dispatchers at that rat hole. How professional is that? There was a campus police officer at Mass Art who was suspended for over a year from using the Leaps computer which means nobody was being runned for over the course of a year. How pathetic is that.

I know all this because I was briefly employed there for several months. What a joke, you can't even call a dispatcher to run someone through leaps because none of them our allowed to use the leaps computer. So basically as a campus police officer you have to take the chance of detaining the guy and then dragging him back to the office and hope that he comes back with a warrant and if he does'nt, you could possibly be sued in civil court. I ran someone who was trespassing the campus one time and he came back with a warrant for drug posession.

I did this in front of the chief and two lieutenants. They did not arrest him. A matter of fact they kicked him loose off the property. You called this a semi-quasi police department. It's a pathectic excuse of a place.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
what a bunch of clowns. i hope that security director and his blazer wearing detex carrying goon lieutenants read this website and feel like crap seeing how everyone talks s*it about them. Too funny!!

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
DisturbedCop / ArtCop,

You took the last bottle of pancake syrup and all the coffe filters when you left. One of the students told me this. He was quite upset at your spitefull display of ingratitude when MassArt is such a wonderful place to work for!

Good luck at your new position and by the way, Snaggletooth says to say HI. She'll meet you in the tall reeds by the Fens some night.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
I don't know too much about Mass Art. But what I have heard is the old Chief who recently retired was a good guy. This has been said by members of my department who knew him.

G

·
Again, Mass College of Art and Merrimack have a lot in common. The former chief at Merrimack was a wonderful and very fair person. He was well respected by all and did a great job creating a team work atmosphere. Everyything he established has now been destroyed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I actually interviewed there and was offered a position earlier this year. After learning more about how they like to operate, I was all set, and fortunately ended up somewhere else that's much better. They really don't want to have anything to do with the Police word there. ]

·
Registered
109 Posts
ecpd402 @ Sat 14 Aug said:
I don't know too much about Mass Art. But what I have heard is the old Chief who recently retired was a good guy. This has been said by members of my department who knew him.
Is this Chief Powers or another chief?

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
DisturbedCop / ArtCop,

You took the last bottle of pancake syrup and all the coffe filters when you left. One of the students told me this. He was quite upset at your spitefull display of ingratitude when MassArt is such a wonderful place to work for!

Good luck at your new position and by the way, Snaggletooth says to say HI. She'll meet you in the tall reeds by the Fens some night.
I used to make the best pancakes there, I also made one hell of a great cup of coffee. I really miss giving out the basketballs to all the kids and making them breakfast in the morning!!! Thats what police work is all about, I'm very sensitive about it.

:eek:t: never leave yourself logged on Rock Face Chisle :321:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.