Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have information on MassArt? What do they do?, how are they run?, Size? I also noticed they are Special PO's un Ch. 147... for some reason this doesn't seem familiar to me, anyone else familiar with Ch. 147 ? :?: :?: :idea:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
if I am not mistaken ch 147 is the section that applies to employees of state agencies being made state specials. I remember seeing this chapter quoted for a DMH job I applied for a couple of years ago. As far as the Job at MassArt goes if I recall the CPO's are state specials and deputy sheriff's in Suffolk County. Starting pay is 498 a week and it takes several years to reach top pay step. RPD you might want to research a couple of threads on the board about Wentworth I remember some MassArt stuff mentioned there. Hope that helps

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
You may want to chat it up with some of the guys who work there, ( ARTCOP) for one.. Im sure they can fill you in on the details....

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
If you look up Chp 147 and special police officers, it says its been repealed.. Im pretty sure the reason its listed is they use the "basic" job description that Higher Ed has been using for many years now...Its never been updated....

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Take look at the worst colleges / campus maids topics for all MASSART talk.................. :evil:

ARTCOP or XRACERX can any questions from a current view of the department :D

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,710 Posts
mopar6972 said:
If you look up Chp 147 and special police officers, it says its been repealed.. Im pretty sure the reason its listed is they use the "basic" job description that Higher Ed has been using for many years now...Its never been updated....
Yeah, what he said..................

Most of CH 147 is gone. there is only a provision for parking enforcement
left I believe. As pointed out earlier, most of the Human resource departments for colleges, DPH/DMH/DMR and others just don't know about updates. Many should be referencing CH22c sec. "blank", or whatever else is applicable. Chapter 147 is dead.
:wink:

G

·
I think there sworn in as Constables, I think thast where they get there police powers from.

Ya might wanna double check though just to be sure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No they are state specials and I interviewed for the job about 3 years ago and was told I would need to qualify for my state special police. I also heard its not a good job.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use to work at Wentworth which is right across from MassArt. The guys that I talked to said it was a bad place to work for. It has been about year and things could have changed. Good Luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone is interested in working at MassArt, and/or just wants some information about the place, feel free to send me a PM, just like XRacerX said. I am sure our ideas of the job are quite similar. To reply to whoever was mentioning where we get our powers from: We are state specials, and Suffolk Sherriff's. (Although Suffolk County can't afford ID's for us). The pay scale is going up siginificantly on January 1st, finally. I believe that the starting rate is going to be somewhere close to $600.00/after differential.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For about the last four years Mass Art has had a what seems like a continuous job posting in the Jobfile on a regular basis. Something tells me that they are not expanding with personel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i interviewed with them a year or 2 ago, they dont carry bc the pres. doesnt want the students to feel unsafe by seeing police officers with firearms around thier waste. also they back up the boston pd and surrounding schools and are dealing with all the elemnts of the city, with not much defense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.