Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MARSHFIELD (WBZ) ― A carnival worker from the Marshfield Fair was arrested over the weekend, charged with raping two girls he met at the fair.

Jeffrey Witham, 18 of Oxford Maine, is accused of raping the 13 and 14 year old girls at one of their homes. According to the Patriot Ledger, Witham exchanged phone numbers with the girls at the fair, and later met them at a home where one of the girls lives.

Witham is employed by Fiesta Shows, which runs the carnival portion of the Marshfield Fair. A Fiesta spokesman tells WBZ that Witham was employed by them only recently. The company said it does run criminal background checks on employees, and that Witham's came back clean.

Whitham is charged with two counts of rape, indecent assault and battery and kidnapping.

The Marshfield Fair opened on Friday and runs through August 24.

http://wbztv.com/local/marshfield.fair.rape.2.797836.html

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Witham is employed by Fiesta Shows, which runs the carnival portion of the Marshfield Fair.
Fiesta Shows huh...
If you ran a BOP on groups of 10 Fiesta Shows employees, I wonder what the percentage would be of those with a criminal history..

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
I hate to be an "I told you so" but back in June of 2007 in this very site I wrote about the fact workers in carnivals, amusement parks etc should be licensed prior to any show opening. Background checks etc. should be mandated. This happens too often across the country. If perchance the eyes of media people happen upon this article they are free to check back in the morgue of this blog site and locate the article and perhaps this time join with us to press editorially for some action to prevent another incident. A call to some legislators is also in order.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Young Rape Victims Change Stories About Attack

Two young girls have changed their stories about being attacked by 18-year-old Jeffrey Witham, of Oxford Maine.
WBZ

MARSHFIELD (WBZ) ― Two alleged underage rape victims have changed their stories about allegedly being attacked by a carnival worker last Sunday, the Plymouth County District Attorney's Office said.

A spokesperson for the District Attorney's Office said one victim has recanted her story that she was raped, while the other victim has made significant changes to her story. Defense attorney Kathleen Iaccarino said the second girl's story has changed to the point where it would not support kidnapping and assault charges.

The District Attorney's Office said the second victim is "indecisive" about details in her story, but she has not taken back the rape allegations.

The alleged victims are 13 and 14 years old. Eighteen-year-old Jeffrey Witham is accused of raping the girls after he met them at the Marshfield Fair last weekend. He was ordered held on $150,000 cash bail.

Plymouth District Attorney spokeswoman Bridget Norton Middleton said the first girl indicated that she and Witham had consensual sex.

Middleton says because the girl is under 16, it would still be considered child rape even if not by force.

According to Iaccarino, because of the changes in the victims' stories, a new bail hearing was set, but the judge did not lower Witham's bail.

Police have charged Witham with two counts of rape, indecent assault and battery and kidnapping.

A bail review hearing has now been scheduled for Friday in Brockton Superior Court.

Police said earlier that he allegedly went to one of the girls' homes, jumped on the 13-year-old girl and then ran down the hall, where he allegedly raped the 14-year-old girl. The suspect then allegedly raped the 13-year-old, according to police.

Witham was employed by Fiesta Shows, which runs the carnival portion of the Marshfield Fair, for only two weeks.

The company said it does run criminal background checks on employees, and that Witham's came back clean.

http://wbztv.com/local/marshfield.fair.rape.2.799601.html

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Not to defend this kid but it sounded a little odd from the start. I do agree about the employees, they should have to have background checks,we have a local fair in Topsfield and I wouldnt trust any of those guys.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Ahhhh, the speeding rush to judgement has come to a screeching halt. Three sides to every story people. His side, their side, and the truth. The TRUTH lies somewhere in between. I don't know, I wasn't there so I try not to judge others before the trial process.

It sucks to be this kid, 18 and trying to make a few bucks and see the country. Now he has to probably register as a sex offender in whatever state he carny's at with a stack of "this is what happened" letters. If there was ever a case for expungement of a record, this would be it.

Now I wonder if the 2 "victims" will be charged with filing a false Police report? I doubt it but they screwed this kids life up with a criminal BOP, the same should happen to them.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marshfield Fair carnival worker returns to court

By Sydney Schwartz
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Sep 19, 2008 @ 05:25 AM

MARSHFIELD -
The Marshfield Fair carnival worker accused of raping two teenage girls returned to Plymouth District Court on Thursday for a pretrial hearing.
Jeffrey Witham, 19, of Oxford, Maine, pleaded innocent last month to raping and assaulting the girls, ages 13 and 14.
He was released from jail on personal recognizance after prosecutors dropped some of the charges against him.
Witham still faces one count of rape of a child with force, two counts of rape of a child and one count of indecent assault and battery on a person under 14.
The two girls, both from Marshfield, initially told police that Witham raped them and held them against their will in one of their homes. The girls later changed their stories.
On Thursday, Witham's attorneys submitted a motion for additional funding for a private investigator.
Witham is to return to court Nov. 7 for a probable cause hearing, his attorneys said.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/...shfield-Fair-carnival-worker-returns-to-court

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,751 Posts
Three sides to every story people. His side, their side, and the truth. The TRUTH lies somewhere in between.

Now I wonder if the 2 "victims" will be charged with filing a false Police report? I doubt it but they screwed this kids life up with a criminal BOP, the same should happen to them.
Once again HC we are in total agreement! Even is this kid isn't exactly clean-cut and bound for the ministry, IF he is innocent, having a BOP for this at eighteen makes life ahead harder.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How do you rape two people at once?
and how do you hold one while you rape the other?

I bet it was consensual, then they freaked out thinking OH maybe we are pregnant... and blew the whistle on him.

He is still a dirtbag for banging a 13 year old ... but where the hell was mom or dad during all of this?

·
Duke of Campus Police
510 Posts
How do you rape two people at once?
and how do you hold one while you rape the other?

I bet it was consensual, then they freaked out thinking OH maybe we are pregnant... and blew the whistle on him.

He is still a dirtbag for banging a 13 year old ... but where the hell was mom or dad during all of this?
1. You must have to work hard at it
2. Tell the other one not to move or she'll get it
3. Good Bet
4. He should join the French Foreign Legion and turn his life around

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marshfield Police seek charges against girls in Marshfield Fair rape case

By Sydney Schwartz
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Dec 17, 2008 @ 03:57 PM

MARSHFIELD -

The girls later changed their stories.
Police filed an application on Wednesday for a clerk's hearing in juvenile court. A clerk magistrate will decide whether to charge the girls, who were 13 and 14 last summer, with filing false police reports.
The two girls, both from Marshfield, initially told police that Jeffrey Witham, 19, of Oxford, Maine, raped them and held them against their will in one of their homes.
Witham was released from jail on personal recognizance after prosecutors dropped some of the charges against him.

http://www.patriotledger.com/homepa...es-against-girls-in-Marshfield-Fair-rape-case

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been with Jeff for over three years, have children with him & five years later, I still watch him struggle with people who accuse him of being a rapist. I'd like to know what the hell kind of punishment these girls received. I bet, NONE! I bet they're able to carry on with their lives acting as if they're rape victims when the father to my children is still to this day, nervous to go out in public because he knows that everyone around us knows who he is and what he was accused of & charged with. He gets up and goes to work everyday but rarely leaves the house to do anything other than that. And assuming that nothing happened to those girls, I hope to God they are never actually raped because NOBODY will believe them. And where the FUCK were their parents?! And why were they dressed as they were in PUBLIC WITH FAKE ID'S? Yes, they had fake ID's stating they were of age and with the way they were dressed and acting, ANYBODY would've believed that. We've heard that they had lured another of age man to one of their homes before so Jeff wasn't the only one. People like them deserve to face a judge.. not Jeff. Really wish I knew their names so we could find out if they ever did have to. Thank you everyone for the support for Jeff. I will make sure that he knows but it's still a sore subject for him and he will not talk to anybody about it besides myself. THANK YOU!

·
MassCops Member
568 Posts
Well Mrs....
Your husband isn't the only person who's life was ruined by this shit. DA Tim Cruz didn't learn his lesson and also ruined the life of a Stonehill college student on false sexual assault accusations.
I recommend starting with the District Attorney, and the Marshfield Police. Sue them - see what happens.

He was accused by these two twats and didn't ever get their names? Whatever happened to being allowed to face one's accuser?

Good luck - hope he's grown up since these days - and can the help he needs.
"and the Marshfield Police. Sue them..." Whoa WHOA WHOA..

Are you claiming that MPD COERCED story out of two girls??? Proof??

·
Registered
2 Posts
We found out what happened to them but choose not to go after them. He doesn't care anymore and doesn't ever want to see them again. He'd rather just forget about it and move on with his life and his family. He's grown up a lot since those days and has dealt with his issues revolving this case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.