Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Get off my lawn!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I would like to share this with you guys. I have known Cathy for a long time and she is truly a fighter. She has worked for the City Of Marlborough for over 30+ years both as dispatch and patrol. She was getting ready for a normal life, kicking back and enjoying her well earned retirement with her children, grandchildren, boyfriend and her dog. Maybe she would pick up an occasional road job, or perhaps crack a few cold ones at the Italian American club with her friends and family. At least that was the plan until she was diagnosed with stage 4 soft tissue sarcoma. Now her time is spent recovering from chemo and radiation treatments, hospital visits and fatigue. However despite all this she still does work some light duty stuff like dispatch and walk in reports ect, normally "light duty" is not allowed due to past practice and contractual agreement with the patrolmen's union. But Cathy being who she is just can't sit back with a "woe is me" attitude so she was allowed by both the Chief of Police and union to fill in when she can (no patrol, desk duty only!) and is still marching along. So I'm asking for you guys to make room in your schedule and come out to the block party on the 28th grab some food and a drink, enjoy some live music by three great bands, Larry Bee and the Buzz, Angry Tony & the home wreakers, and Late bus and the half wits. You'll have a great time and its all for a good cause. To buy tickets go to MPD Weed Street Block Party Cathy Digou Fundraiser. Tickets can also be bought at the main gate on the day of the party.

If you would like to make a donation you can send them to:

The Marlborough Police
Attn: Det. Pat Hogan.
355 Bolton Street.
Marlborough MA, 01752.

Thank you all and be safe.
~RF

1 - 1 of 1 Posts