Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SALEM, N.H. -- A 48-year-old former Salem police officer, known for his drug undercover work, collapsed and died Wednesday night.
Mark Sambataro, a 22-year veteran of the Salem department, suffered a heart attack at his Salem home and died shortly after being taken to Caritas Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, according to published reports.
Sambataro, who was on the force from 1985 to 2007, is credited by his colleagues with keeping millions of dollars worth of illegal drugs off the street as an undercover narcotics officer.
After retiring from the Salem department in 2007, Sambataro and several other former Salem officers formed Focal Point Private Investigations in Hampstead, N.H.
Sambataro leaves behind a wife, Monica, and two children.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Mary Queen of Peach Church in Salem. A funeral service will be at the church at 10:30 a.m. Monday.
LOWELL SUN

·
Registered
142 Posts
He worked the <ST1:pNew England</ST1:p area with several State and Federal agencies. He was extremely good at finding persons in the drug trade. NH Law Enforcement has lost a true blue Police Officer.
R.I.P. Mark

G

·
Mark was my Criminal Justice Instructor the best instrucor the school ever had, he never lied to us he told us the truth evan if we didnt want to hear it, Mark you will be missed this is a really sad time for all his students.

G

·
Mark Sambataro is my father. I appreciate the posts provided by people on this site. For those of you who knew him, he was an incredible law enforcement officer and father at that. He was a true depiction of one who led a balanced life between work in a law enforcement career and one of a family man. Although he worked millions of hours while I grew up, I can honestly say that he never missed a holiday, birthday, sports practice or anything else that was special to us. He was perhaps the best cop I knew and I'm happy I followed in his foot steps. I was lucky to learn a lot from him prior to his passing. Again, thanks to everyone who have been so supportive during this aweful time.

Ryan Sambataro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts